UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting and I'm very tempted to agree but.... Wouldn't such a ruthless plan mean that the hearing must not take place? If the hearing did take place both Ceferin and City would be relying on CAS to throw the matter back for the two parties to reach a settlement. Could they rely on CAS to do this, because if we're as confident as we think/seem we wouldn't be interested in a settlement and if UEFA get a verdict Ceferin won't be able to make any deal? Or would this deal be announced 20 mins before the official ending of the hearing? But this would mean there was no month for him to use to prepare the football world for his revolution? I suspect Ceferin has an "agenda" independent of those at UEFA that he may consider dangerous fana-/luna-tics, but he'd have to be a pretty cool customer to pull this one off!

WHAM! Just realised... Agree entirely. Ceferin sees City as his ally against the G 14 and THE HEARING IS BEHIND CLOSED DOORS SO NO ONE WILL KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT WHAT HAS BEEN SAID OR DECIDED. Excellent theory Tolmie.

There will be a summary document in due course detailing the decision. It won't have all the details (I assume neither side want that), but it will identify anything put to them that wasn't convincing.

What is the CAS judge is a rag they’ve got glory hunting fans the world over don’t forget. Or a fan of any other team I’m pretty sure whoever it is if they are a football fan wont have our best interests at heart
That's paranoid. You are suggesting CAS cannot be independent. You need evidence for that. Quote me a case out of the hundreds that they have dealt with, where their impartiality was called into question. Calm down, calm down!

Remember the orchestra kept playing right to the end on the Titanic!

United's going down with a billion in the red.

China won't touch 'em, Saudis can't, Qatar can't, India won't.

I'd go as far as to say Venezuela is their only hope.

Columbian drug cartels could use them to launder a few dollars I guess.

There are signs that a lot of giddiness is breaking out within this thread and it concerns me.

It seems to revolve around the notion that there is a cosy stitch up between the club & UEFA whereby we get what we want (all sanctions lifted) and they get what they want (this part is unclear). I'm not the slightest bit confident that this is the case. UEFA have imposed a punishment that they want to stick and they will be going all out to ensure that it does.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am. This is all out warfare.

There are signs that a lot of giddiness is breaking out within this thread and it concerns me.

It seems to revolve around the notion that there is a cosy stitch up between the club & UEFA whereby we get what we want (all sanctions lifted) and they get what they want (this part is unclear). I'm not the slightest bit confident that this is the case. UEFA have imposed a punishment that they want to stick and they will be going all out to ensure that it does.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am. This is all out warfare.

Happens every single time we have a run in. People start creating stories of complete fantasy about there being a secret deal. We’ll either come out on top or we won’t and that’s it.

Be great if we could stick to facts rather than wild speculation from those who think they know but don't know everything..

What will be, will be. If we have fucked up, heads should roll as it could set us back by 10 years.

Happens every single time we have a run in. People start creating stories of complete fantasy about there being a secret deal. We’ll either come out on top or we won’t and that’s it.
You are probably right, but we know Ceferin offered a deal. Its not unreasonable to think he may still be persuing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.