UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As has been said many times, it’s not UEFA per se that have it in for us, just the clubs that squeeze their balls. The feeling is that UEFA now are seeing where the future lies now and that’s not with the G14 but with where the money is, I.e. the new money. We’ve seen Ceferin distance himself from the Adjudicatory system and attempt to broker a deal. I’m sure that even if we win we won’t be laying the blame at UEFA’s door and I can see a more harmonious future.

I dont think it's all uefa but parts of the carrupt fuckers.

Sure AC & IC were mentioned, are these uefa driven why has Ceferin distanced himself from these fuckers & 2nd is the AC & IC Gill & co???

If we signed the settlement agreement on 16/05/2014 then surely the 5 years expires on 15/05/2019. We were charged on 16/05/2019 1 day too late

We know from the CAS1 appeal that City asserted all alleged breaches more than five years prior to the communication on 15 May 2019 are time barred by virtue of Article 37 of the Procedural Rules which expressly prohibits prosecution of any breach that took place more than five years prior.

The key word here is "breach" rather than the date of the settlement agreement in 2014. The breaches at the latest were in the 2012/2013 accounting year.

This view was backed-up by Stefan Borson in this article: https://ninetythreetwenty.com/blog/seeing-the-wood-for-the-ffps-manchester-city-uefa-go-to-war/ and he also thinks Article 38 of the procedural rules doesn't apply.

Stefan is the house legal expert on here - see his occasional posts under the name projectriver

Last edited:
When the time comes for CAS to deliver their verdict. When they say we are in the clear (hopefully). I am expecting UEFA to come back again with some more charges of a different kind.

We all know that UEFA have got it in for us. It all goes back to when we turned out a few seconds late after half -time, and got fined more than a team shows finds were singing racist songs to the opposing team
What charges and on what grounds? We haven't come close to failing FFP since 2014 so what charges could they come up with?

The one thing both Uefa and the Premier League will have to factor in if our ban is upheld, is the potential for future recompense and loss of earnings.

We are certain qualifiers in terms of current league standings, that's before we win it in August ;)

City would move on to the Swiss Courts and there is little doubt that continued litigation comes with added cost to both ourselves and Uefa.

Fag packet calculations for missing out on just next season would be £70m in TV monies, before matchday income and then other commercial stuff is factored.

Add on the £25m fine, and Uefa and the Premier League must need to be extremely mindful of what City would be owed on the back end if we were ultimately found exonerated at a higher court.

Our owners can stand the loss in the interim, but Uefa and United (should they steal the place) would be on the hook for the best part of £100m.

It could be quite a bit more than £70mil.
Based on figures from Swiss Ramble we have earned €86.20mil from UEFA so far this season's champions league campaign. Getting past Real Madrid earns an additional €10.50mil, followed by €12mil for reaching the semi, €15mil for reaching the final and an extra €4mil for winning it. There is also a small amount extra from the TV pool for being involved in the most games from the English clubs. So, potentially >€130 mil if we win it which would be the record amount in Champions League history. Sweet! And that''s, as you say, before matchday income and the commercial stuff.

If we won it we'd presumably also qualify for Super Cup and the Club World Cup thingy that Liverpool won last season. I've not looked it up but they must be worth another £10mil.

So, all in it is a huge wedge to not have the chance of playing for over 2 seasons if the ban is upheld.

You sir, have far to much time on your hands, twice I’ve read that, and it’s still makes no sense whatsoever, lol

Simple really, just a timeline of the each step with links to more information Didn't take too long as I created a spreadsheet and pasted it, updated as necessary I thought it was useful for everyone as it answers lots of questions.

Last edited:
We know from the CAS1 appeal that City asserted all alleged breaches more than five years prior to the communication on 15 May 2019 are time barred by virtue of Article 37 of the Procedural Rules which expressly prohibits prosecution of any breach that took place more than five years prior.

The key word here is "breach" rather than the date of the settlement agreement in 2014. The breaches at the latest were in the 2012/2013 accounting year.

This view was backed-up by Stefan Borson in this article: https://ninetythreetwenty.com/blog/seeing-the-wood-for-the-ffps-manchester-city-uefa-go-to-war/ and he also thinks Article 38 of the procedural rules doesn't apply.

Stefan is the house legal expert on here - see his occasional posts under the name projectriver
Well I have to say that was a cracking read written by Stefan Borson. Gives me more confidence going into the CAS hearing and if CAS are impartial they will show what a conniving bunch of crooks run the IC and AC. Come on City.

For part 3, we compiled a report at their request, so they have evidence but declined to use it.
For part 2, authorities showed zero interest as no complaint was made to police or information commissioner.

Which is actually a good thing as depending who raised it, we’d have been in trouble for point two too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.