UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I found interesting in the Marcotti article was his observation of the animosity felt by fans of other clubs regarding the matter and our obvious wholesale guilt, before proceedings of course.
He never indicates what brings that animosity about or points the finger at those responsible, mainly the shitehawk media in this country by their rank biased reporting of the whole thing.

Decent article though with nothing more than we ask. Fair unbiased commentary.

I am not sure that Ceferin is an ally of City but he is in a win win situation. If City win he can press on with his plans to change UEFA and his internal enemies are much weakened. He can blame CAS and Leterme for everything. If UEFA win then he gets the cartel clubs off his back and has still got scope to carry out his reforms. I think he is just a clever and pragmatic operator.
Don't agree. If City win, his internal enemies will walk out.

I’m an eternal pessimist so voted for a reduced ban, but a few people I know who work at the club say the mood internally (led from the top) is one of optimism. Think it’s very difficult to predict with any confidence though how a three man panel will rule.
I don't see how that option is an option with CAS, we're either confirmed guilty, ban, or not guilty, no ban, I can't see how there is a middle ground.

I don't see how that option is an option with CAS, we're either confirmed guilty, ban, or not guilty, no ban, I can't see how there is a middle ground.
Seen a few people say this, but it doesn’t make sense to me. CAS can, and have, lessened sentences in the past. It’s completely within their remit to judge that a penalty is too harsh even if they find a party guilty.

I’m not sure anyone is really voting with any great insight tbh!

I’m an eternal pessimist so voted for a reduced ban, but a few people I know who work at the club say the mood internally (led from the top) is one of optimism. Think it’s very difficult to predict with any confidence though how a three man panel will rule.
No insight, just punting. #VOTE CITY WIN

Seen a few people say this, but it doesn’t make sense to me. CAS can, and have, lessened sentences in the past. It’s completely within their remit to judge that a penalty is too harsh even if they find a party guilty.
I'm sure they have Ric, but I'm not sure in this case their is a middle ground they can go to, and I'm firmly of the belief that UEFA have no actual proof of where the money Etihad gave us came from, and neither UEFA or CAS have any legal grounds to ask them.

If CAS don't believe our story, we're guilty, if they have no proof either way we're not guilty.

I have to say at this point, I'm long past caring, the damage to our club is done, and even complete exoneration from CAS will not clear us fully in the eyes of many.

If we are put out of europe for 2 years, I think there will be a shit storm for quite a few others, and we'll have a lot to do with it. Two years from now football is going to be a very different world for many of the elite imho, and I fancy we'll be least affected in the long run.

We can win on a ‘technicality’ as some would put it and whilst we would still be able to participate in their corrupt tournament, we would still be guilty in the eyes of most.

Or CAS can exonerate us and do so in a way that calls into question both UEFA’s laws and the inconsistent way they have applied them to us over the years. They already hinted at being unhappy with UEFA when the CAS hearings were announced.

There’s winning and there’s winning.

A week or so ago a sizable number of posters on this thread were in agreement that this whole thing was a charade cooked up between the club & Ceferin. The thinking was that actually we are allies against the common enemy, namely the G14 clubs. When the case against us was unceremoniously thrown out by CAS then Ceferin would be somehow be in a stronger position to push back against the cartel clubs.

This made no sense to me whatsoever & I assume it was just extreme wishful thinking & wild speculation?
No, we just believe Ceferin wants to deal City back in again. I still do. I can’t remember anyone saying the Cerefin and City concocted this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.