UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust in Khaldoon.

The-chairman-of-Manchester-City-Khaldoon-Al-Mubarak-R-talks-to-Manchester-Citys-Chief-Executive.jpg

PANews_P-aa01ecd0-be49-4ef9-b4b3-04a1e41ac5e9_I1.jpg

CD91-D122-4-D0-C-4-A27-BCC4-F6-D288-DD6-C86.jpg

2016-04-13T000000Z_473464212_MT1ACI14348738_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-CHAMPIONS-MCI-PSG-800x504.jpg

I didn’t think I could get more depressed & frustrated after Yesterday’s scandalous demonstrations.
Then I wake up this morning to see that based on a poll with very little true evidence known either way, 51% of You can’t find a way to wholeheartedly support Kaldoun, Ferran & the Club.
Find a bit of backbone, change Your Vote to Win & stop with the all knowing Soothsayer impressions.
Their are enough enemies out there without adding to it !

How stupid do you have to be to think that 51% of people thinking we will lose is the same as 51% of people not supporting the club?

Calling people enemies of the club because they think we might lose an appeal? Get a grip.

Just think it’s worth repeating that the thing most people are worried about is very unlikely namely that we are innocent and are found guilty.

If it was another club and CAS found them guilty we would expect them to be punished.

I think City are innocent and will be found innocent but if CAS find to the contrary I won’t think CAS have been corrupted over night.

It’s nerve wracking yes but we wanted an independent hearing and we’ve got one. Let’s not assume we have been done incorrectly before we even know the verdict and explanation!

I found CAS’s initial comments about UEFA’s behaviour encouraging that we will get a fair trial now. If we are found guilty there is a strong chance we did something wrong and were unlucky that we got hacked.

City are accused of serious breaches of FFP and at the same time UEFA prepares to suspend those same regulations (especially the break even requirement and the limit on owner investment?) as a result of the present pandemic. Some unexpected voices are raised pointing to fundamental weaknesses in the regulations: Arsene Wenger points to the advantage the limits on investment give to clubs which were able to invest unhindered by FFP. I would point out that "investment" when applied to Liverpool, especially in the 1960s, and United between 1986 and 1993 meant nothing other than buying playerss or "financial doping" as Wenger used to call it. Exactly what was so wrong when City did it between 2008 and 2011. Even more surprising is Ceferin's support for "reform" of FFP because it doesn't allow the very necessary investment in football, the investment which is no longer an unmitigated evil.

We can see all this as a softening of UEFA's position and we would like to think it is in preparation for UEFA moving to heal the breach with City after City's victory at CAS. I hope this is the case. But, we need to know what the charges are, because if UEFA win on the grounds that we simply misled them on the source of our revenue and that this on its own is a serious breach of FFP, serious enough to warrant a two year ban, rather than the attempt to conceal owner investment, all the soft talk is simply to tell "other clubs" that they will be allowed to do what we most certainly will not.

The press in this country are not highlighting how corrupt Uefa are. What ever happens our name will be mud, we could win the league with an entire youth team born in Beswick for the next 30 years and City will still receive hate. We damaged the American history teams in red and took players and trophies away from them, they don’t like that.

The press think FIFA are corrupt when it comes to World Cup bids but then, seem to conveniently forget UEFAs part in taking bungs when participating in said FIFA World Cup bidding processes. YCMIU.

How stupid do you have to be to think that 51% of people thinking we will lose is the same as 51% of people not supporting the club?

Calling people enemies of the club because they think we might lose an appeal? Get a grip.
I take it You are one of the panic merchants worried to death now the day of reckoning is here.
It was a much needed call to arms.
How stupid do you have to be to not realise that was the implication.
However, you crack on giving the tabloids ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.