UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They would try to hand every trophy we have won during the last decade to the runner-up if they get their way.

Agreed mate - but then its a case of what happens next. Does the Sheikh want to take this to courts against, UEFA, FA & Premier or back down. A lot resting on this. Think CAS is not the end - this will end up the Swiss Courts. Bloody hell we haven't murdered anyone or bribed people here. Just potentially tried some clever accounting

Just as an aside, I’m curious to know what the 63 people who voted ‘Other’ on the poll expect to happen? A 3 year ban maybe? Public flogging for the club officials?
As an arbitration service I think they may keep away from totally siding with one or the other. Handing down any ban is risky for UEFA - even if there is evidence to suggest it is appropriate - because court proceedings will be long and expensive and damaging to both sides and difficult to predict as it is sporting competition rules clashing with business law. I reckon they'll propose removing the ban and retaining a reduced fine so it isn't the final nail in the FFP coffin.

My issue in terms of knowing what's going on is that, while UEFA have accused us of serious breaches that entail our overstating sponsorship income, we know literally nothing about how we're alleged to have done so and how that squares with other information in the public domain. I didn't vote in the poll that appeared on this thread, since, without an assessment of that information, any vote in the poll is worthless.

Meanwhile, the campaign continues to build a narrative discrediting any possible City victory at CAS. This tweet, from our old friend Tariq Panja, suggests that, if City win, it will be through our wealth forcing UEFA to cave. I wouldn't call this even disingenuous - it's an outright lie that City prevailing would be because UEFA "let it happen". If City win, it will be because a neutral tribunal composed of respected arbitrators found our case more persuasive than UEFA's. If they uphold UEFA's position in full or in part, then they weren't persuaded by our position. Simple as that.

The mans a scouser shill

We are well and truly in the **** in the court of public opinion had talk sport on multiple ex managers and players talking of everyone leaving managers players. Then Rob Harris comes on and says we are trying to get off on a technicality of the emails being stolen and then saying how city fans seem to think they are being persecuted but look at all these other clubs who have been banned. Consensus in a lot of the media seems to be a reduction in ban. Basically ignoring what we actually said which is we are innocent

I am not on Twitter, but can someone ask this idiot how he thinks we are relying on it being solely on stolen emails on getting off on a technicality...does this prick have a direct line to our lawyers, does he fuck

We are well and truly in the **** in the court of public opinion had talk sport on multiple ex managers and players talking of everyone leaving managers players. Then Rob Harris comes on and says we are trying to get off on a technicality of the emails being stolen and then saying how city fans seem to think they are being persecuted but look at all these other clubs who have been banned. Consensus in a lot of the media seems to be a reduction in ban. Basically ignoring what we actually said which is we are innocent
Rob Harris is a cvunt who should be banned from coming anywhere near the Etihad, that fucker boils my piss

As an arbitration service I think they may keep away from totally siding with one or the other. Handing down any ban is risky for UEFA - even if there is evidence to suggest it is appropriate - because court proceedings will be long and expensive and damaging to both sides and difficult to predict as it is sporting competition rules clashing with business law. I reckon they'll propose removing the ban and retaining a reduced fine so it isn't the final nail in the FFP coffin.
Don't confuse mediation and arbitration. CAS quite happy to side with one side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.