UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a very high profile case, I don't know if CAS release statements like this after every hearing, but I doubt Matthieu Reeb, general secretary of CAS, comments on many, if any cases at all during a hearing. I think they 100% realise what's at stake here, and the potential fallout. I believe CAS are just emphasising that the hearing was conducted in a fair manner suiting both ourselves and uefa.

It's called covering their back.

Yes, that's my view. It's an anodyne statement that people are reading into too much, however, it does emphasise that City have had the fair hearing that their February statement said they were denied by UEFA. Put it this way - the hearing would not have been concluded until both sides were able to confirm that they were happy with how it was conducted.

This will be an exceptionally busy few weeks for the three arbitrators. They not only have to make a decision but they then have to promulgate an appeal determination addressing all of the facts and evidence presented to them. When you consider that the determination for CAS 1 was 40 pages long just to say that we hadn't exhausted all avenues of redress with UEFA, this time we're in for some hefty bedtime reading packed with complex legal jargon.

If things go as well as we all hope they do, the arbitrators will be having a conference call today saying "how on Earth did UEFA even allow this to come to us?" According to Martin Samuel, UEFA are the most frequent visitors to CAS. When you consider that the IOC (responsible for thousands of individual athletes in a variety of disciplines) falls under the CAS remit, this is a very poor reflection on UEFA's corporate governance model. It's highly embarrassing, in fact. He may not be popular, but Dominic Cummings once remarked to the effect that when you first enter Westminster, you wait for a door to open where you find all the intelligent people but it never materialises. He could easily have been describing UEFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.