UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have high confidence that a) they won't be buying any big money players before they KNOW the decision b) if they do buy any big money players before we KNOW the decision, they KNOW they have won (ie will have certainty not just confidence).

Statement of the obvious perhaps but I don't expect any buys before the decision is announced.
I don't expect any tranfers before the leagues are finished anyway, maybe even the c/l games will need to be finished before those involved get any transfers done.

I don't expect any tranfers before the leagues are finished anyway, maybe even the c/l games will need to be finished before those involved get any transfers done.

Unfortunately as we know from Werner some big deals are well under way. City can't realistically compete for Havertz if others move decisively without clearance on CL situation.

Unfortunately as we know from Werner some big deals are well under way. City can't realistically compete for Havertz if others move decisively without clearance on CL situation.
Yet the rags continue to be linked with everyone without knowing whether they will be in EL or CL or even miss out totally

Not sure that’s correct. They aren’t necessarily mutually exclusive.

Are we really going to have some pedantic debate? High confidence of the outcome is not certainty. Knowledge of the outcome is certainty. Thats the mutually exclusive distinction and I think its pretty obvious.

In any event, let me try again. In my opinion (and I have high confidence that this is true), City won't do anything until they are 100% sure of the outcome. If they make moves, therefore, they are 100% sure of the outcome.

Last edited:
Are we really going to have some pedantic debate. High confidence of the outcome is not certainty. Knowledge of the outcome is certainty. Thats the mutually exclusive distinction and I think its pretty obvious.

In any event, let me try again. In my opinion (and I have high confidence that this is true), City won't do anything until they are 100% sure of the outcome. If they make moves, therefore, they are 100% sure of the outcome.
Yeah, my post wasn’t remotely serious. I wouldn’t waste too much emotional energy on it, mate.

Yet the rags continue to be linked with everyone without knowing whether they will be in EL or CL or even miss out totally
a) they haven't done the deals b) their financial situation is not the same as ours c) you'd expect them to buy big even if they miss CL as they will sense an opportunity to bridge the gap with Spurs, City and Liverpool absent from the market.

Just on the consideration that any movement by CITY in the transfer market could be tell-tale...……...

Of course it follows that the significant loss of income would severely dent the pot available - but would it totally constrain our ability to bring in top players?

If not - would there not be sense in getting in quality players anyway on 5 year deals early to ensure that, in the event that we are banned, we remain competitive.

I know that people think that the top players will not come unless it is confirmed that we will be in the CL and therefore we need to be able to give assurances - but I just wonder how true that is ?? Agents and players seem to be predominantly driven by the size of the fees and salary

Maybe players and agents have a greater set of priorities and values than I credit them with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.