UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on Bill...Even if we are cleared at CAS the cartel have done their job with the damage to the brand and disruption of our recruitment. This is like the grand national with many more hurdles to overcome!

I would have thought City would have pressed a similar point on the 2014 settlement. If as UEFA must now argue the 2014 settlement did not close the book on those periods, what exactly were the very real sanctions for ie what did City actually get in exchange for its 2014 settlement? This is at the heart of the double jeopardy/finality of settlement argument. City have suffered the disruption, sanctions, limits on spending, limits on squad already for alleged breaches in the 2012-2014 period and the monitored 2014-2016 period.

I'm waiting excitedly for the news that UEFA have charged the dippers for whatever was the big secret bombshell shit storm on the thread, but I should probably not hold my breath

Spot on Bill...Even if we are cleared at CAS the cartel have done their job with the damage to the brand and disruption of our recruitment. This is like the grand national with many more hurdles to overcome!

I'm not sure our recruitment has been so severely disrupted. There hasn't been a transfer window since UEFA's verdict and there won't be one before the CAS verdict.

Reputational damage is also short-lived in football, particularly if we get our way. The Silver Lake investment is a good example. The timing of that investment appears exceptionally risky. Given the scale of it, due diligence would have unquestionably explored the matter of our FFP investigation but it nevertheless happened.

That’s how I interpreted it too, tbh. Wouldn’t read too much into that statement.

I agree. I would add though that elsewhere in the statement it throws up a possible clue as to the strength of our case when referencing “expert witnesses in various countries”. Now we don’t know whether that’s referring to us, UEFA, or even both, but if it does refer to City then as others have said it perhaps means Abu Dhabi with Etihad getting involved directly to present evidence. One would hope that that is the case because I don’t think waving our audited accounts around for the best part of 3 days via video link will be enough!

I'm not sure our recruitment has been so severely disrupted. There hasn't been a transfer window since UEFA's verdict and there won't be one before the CAS verdict.

Reputational damage is also short-lived in football, particularly if we get our way. The Silver Lake investment is a good example. The timing of that investment appears exceptionally risky. Given the scale of it, due diligence would have unquestionably explored the matter of our FFP investigation but it nevertheless happened.
My main point really in all of this is that the cartel clubs and their mouthpiece UEFA will not stop until they have done what they set out to do once we had more money than them in 2008. The goalposts will continue to move until they become corner flags!

Let us all just wait and see what CAS has to say. I don't think that CAS will be that stupid as to allow leaks to come from them.

What I do expect is that both Man. City and UEFA will get the verdict before it is released to the media. Maybe the day before and be told to keep it under raps
Manchester city, if you dont mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.