UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks - that helps - and it should have been obvious to me

Just the typical mindset of a long-standing CITY fan I guess - expecting bad news and the world to be biased and fixed against us
Although that motion was lost, CAS were scathing about the behaviour of Leterme and sympathised with us over the leaks.
I think the presence of 2 of those judges is good for us, they are cognisant of dodgy Uefa behaviour.

2 year is far worse than a 1 year. Far more than double impact.
I must admit I haven't been following this as closely as I should so may have missed discussion around this, but how would that be? I understand the impact of lost revenue from not being in the competition would be doubled and recruitment of players would be affected but surely the tarnishing of the brand is similar whether 1 year or 2, and the huge investment is surely just "delayed" an extra period as the club address how to fix their image, which surely would have to be done either way.

This conversation started as my response to a question that Silver Lake's investment could possibly be seen as evidence that they have confidence of overruling UEFA's ban so we're in agreement that it shouldn't necessarily be taken that way, I think, but I'd appreciate your opinion. If it's in your podcast(s), which I haven't yet listened to, I'll go off and make time!

If we are found to be guilty either one or two year ban the consequences are not good. We will then have the Premier League on our backs.
Maybe maybe not. No club banned by UEFA has suffered domestic league sanctions as far as I am aware. That said the more severe the sanction (especially post CAS) the more likely PL sanction is and the more severe the pressure for such sanction. Moreover, the footballing aspect of the 2 year ban are far greater - there is a likelihood on 2 years that big players will leave. 1 Covid year ban and its possible but more manageable.

Never understood why football fans would go on a rival fans forum to gage opinion on their own team, it's basically torturing yourself, but each to their own.
With regards to RAWK - it is a form of exposure that can only be done very rarely and very briefly.

The redscouse are the absolute demonstration of entitlement and their hatred for CITY is 'off the scale'. So many posts demanding that we have no relevance - even as they obsess about us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.