UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first i was really angry about it all.

Now i am a bit more philosophical.

Sure European exile,points deduction, relegation to the Vauxhall Conference or what ever the fuck it is called these days is bad.

We are City,there was a time we ate adversity for breakfast.

The Tourists will fuck off back over the Road to watch Europa League.Their Seats will be snapped up by local fans priced out of going to games these days.

You cant kill us.We are more than just a football Club,we are a cult.

If a Meteorite took out the Club we would have a whip round and rebuild from the ashes.

Our Journey has been an epic one,and it is never dull.What dosent kill us really does make us stronger.

We would treat it like a Holiday.

Fuck them all ,what will be will be,

Come rain or shine we will still be there.
Cult is an unfortunate word but I know you mean well by it. However do you really think our fan base now is like it was pre takeover? The general perception I have is that we sing less, loads more people leave early, we are much less passionate. I think the generations that fed on adversity would react differently to modern day adversity. Not all of us, but a lot

They'll make it public when they publish their findings. There will probably be a short announcement of the outcome, followed by their detailed reasons for their decision, which will be published on their website.
If the ban is overturned by CAS, it will be interesting to read the full reasoned decision made by the AC in February. Presumably, and as indicated by them, this will be published after the publication of the final CAS award. If the CAS case goes against them, I wonder if they can/will refuse to publish it.

No other league has 3 prime cartel clubs missing out on CL money because of the miscreant club in question. If Racing Club Lens missed out on CL qualification because PSG “cheated”, no-one would really give that much of a shit.
The pressure on the PL to punish us however, would be monumental, with the press agitating for relegations and points deductions for weeks on end, and all egged on by the rags and the dippers. Hell, they’ve already managed to get Wolves and Burnley on board. Burnley, FFS, to whom it matters not a jot where we finish!
No other league has 3 prime cartel clubs.

We believe that the Etihad deal is at the heart of our case and that UEFA believe that we received more from Etihad than their contractual obligation? We also believe that a large proportion of the money came from Sheikh Mansour? What we are certain of is that football clubs throughout Europe are borrowing money on a massive scale to meet their obligations and that this has no impact on their break even calculations (possibly if they cannot meet the interest payments without failing the break even rule). So, am I correct in thinking that City would still have been in breach of FFP had Sheikh Mansour made an interest free loan to the club, and that we would have failed because of the spending on transfers in 2014? Presumably we would still have failed on the issue of pre-2910 wages? But the loan would have prevented any suggestion of a reopening of the case?

This is an aspect of FFP which intrigues and horrifies me, but I'm not an accountant so I would appreciate clarification from you and PB on this.
To add to Stefan's reply to you, if we receive money from a sponsorship contract, that's revenue so goes into the Profit and Loss Account. We've received money (income) in consideration of an agreement to provide something, which in this case is publicity/advertising. In accounting terms, you debit the bank account (which is a balance sheet item) and credit the commercial revenue account (a P&L account item) with the cash received.

If we receive money from a loan, that's a balance sheet transaction. We've received an asset (cash) in return for accepting a liability to the lender. So in accounting terms we debit cash again but this time we credit a loan account. Both of these are on the balance sheet so the money received doesn't go into the P&L account (although any interest we pay will).

That, to me, shows the weakness of FFP as it stands. At the end of the day it's cash in the bank which you can spend the cash on players however it comes in, via a loan, sponsorship or the sale of a player. Obviously, if it's from the latter two, it's money that's been "earned" - money in, money out - whereas if that's a loan, it's not "earned" money and you've increased your liabilities. But FFP doesn't look at liabilities, just income and expenses. What UEFA should be doing is asking the likes of Chelsea and United how they would repay the debts they have (Chelsea's £1.4bn debt to Abramovich and United's now £650m debt to their lenders) if they needed to.

FFP, if it was seriously concerned with the fininacial sustainability of clubs, should be insisting that any debt is repayable over a given period, say 10 years for debt like United's or Chelsea's and maybe 20-25 years for infrastructure-related debt. Or else the notional repayment figure that would be required to settle that debt should be added to allowable FFP expenses. So if a club's notional debt repayment schedule under current interest rates would involve paying back £50m a year for a number of years, that £50m should be added to expenses for FFP purposes so the club can't spend that. That, to me, would level the playing field for clubs that don't have huge debts.

If the ban is overturned by CAS, it will be interesting to read the full reasoned decision made by the AC in February. Presumably, and as indicated by them, this will be published after the publication of the final CAS award. If the CAS case goes against them, I wonder if they can/will refuse to publish it.
We won't necessarily see the AC's full reasoning behind it's original decision to uphold the IC recommendation of a 2-season ban from the CAS ruling but we should know what their line of attack was.

Cult is an unfortunate word but I know you mean well by it. However do you really think our fan base now is like it was pre takeover? The general perception I have is that we sing less, loads more people leave early, we are much less passionate. I think the generations that fed on adversity would react differently to modern day adversity. Not all of us, but a lot

In retrospect Cult was maybe a bad choice.Seeing as the Candle waivers have a trademark on that word.

My point was we are more than just a Football Club.

I supported City through the most turmoil period of our recent history.A season Ticket holder who moved over to the North Stand from the Kippax during the renovation,fell in love with the North stand and never went back.Back then the Football was more hit than miss.We had to have thick skin.Never stopped hundreds of us meeting every Saturday in the Parkside on Home games or doing those mid week away trips to the back and beyond.There was no entitled fans back then.Just ordinary working class supporters,good lads,and women, who bled blue.When i think back all of us pissed up moaning bastards i have a laugh.I think we are all Sadomasochistic manic depressives.The Beer helped i suppose

Younger fans have only ever known success.If what our Club is going through now,will determine some fans future as fans.Then for me they can fuck off I would say the same thing to any player that docent want to be with us if we end up with a worst case scenario.

No point stressing about that we have no control over,hypothesizing every worst case scenario under the Sun.

Best thing to do if you are an older City fan like me.

Think back to those dark days,and put shit in to perspective.

Think the worst case scenario is the most likely .Which as a City fan you should already be doing.

Then anything else is a huge bonus.

I am sorry if this offends one or two.

Like i said i will be there no matter what.

Sure it will affect our income and fan Base.Let us not forget though when we were in Division 2 and pulling in 30,000 fans.Some achievement.I am not concerned.Old timers will snap up tourists Seats.

All stressing does is make you ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.