UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I think a lot of what UEFA says amounts to alleging our accounts are false, they won't put it like that - its too serious an accusation and one they simply couldn't sustain and definitely not in a 3 day hearing in CAS. Think more UEFA: "we believe Manchester City's accounts do not properly reflect the commercial reality of the Etihad contract and accordingly for FFP purposes we discount the revenue by £xm" or some other nice way of saying it.
But whether UEFA put it like that or not presumably the CAS panel could also see that it's tantamount to an allegation of falsifying accounts and therefore may require rather more concrete evidence than a "balance of probabilities" judgement?

If they essentially accuse us of a criminal offense like fraud, and we can prove that this never happened, or rather UEFA cannot prove their accusation, certainly there would be grounds for suing them for damages in a real court? Cue the 50 million lawsuit that is always being made fun of on here.
Offence.

City. Will. Not. Sue. Anybody. After. CAS.
This is wrong. I’ve just been instructed by City to commence a claim against UEFA in the small claims court. I can’t provide any more details at this stage, other than to confirm that they’ve agreed to pay my professional fee in beer tokens, which is much more tax efficient.

But whether UEFA put it like that or not presumably the CAS panel could also see that it's tantamount to an allegation of falsifying accounts and therefore may require rather more concrete evidence than a "balance of probabilities" judgement?
Dunno. A High Court judge would see right through it and make them make good such a serious claim or lose. CAS? Doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.