UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

This is a good watch.

Yes it was. When was it aired. I have said before more and more people outside of united livarpool and arsenal are understanding how the cartel in England and Europe are working against fair competition in their eagerness to mop up the majority of the money. Come on CAS do the right thing and break this stranglehold that these clibs have on European football.
EDIT. Just watched again and seems it was aired on the night of the livarpool v Athletico game, I think.

Last edited:
For those really bored today, you can watch Ulrich Haas (on our CAS panel) talk about Predictive Analytics in Sport Arbitration. It more enlightening than it sounds btw

I found this very illuminating, I had no idea about this kind of thing, Haas explains it very well, and so he should, given the fee's being mentioned in his world.
Feedback at the very end from an audience member was interesting.
The way I understood it, with complex cases, predictions using previous data became less reliable, the more complex the case the less realiable the past data for predicting the outcome. Also, previous unknowns brought to the table had a similar affect.
Guessing here, some previous unknowns would have been brought to the table this time.

Tunnel vision

They believe it because they want it to be true it plays to their views on a successful City.

Surely he is not that dumb

If you're a journalist theres not a whole lot of reasons to believe City's side.

Remember the club was very brash about passing FFP back in 2014 and ended up failing by a mile.

They refuse to speak to the media about anything ongoing, whereas UEFA do, and most of them arent keen on our owners anyway.

I dont think its unreasonable for most journalists to take UEFA's story as fact until its disproven at CAS although some of them definitely got carried away and have dug themselves a hole that will be hard to get out of if things go our way.

If you're a journalist theres not a whole lot of reasons to believe City's side.

Remember the club was very brash about passing FFP back in 2014 and ended up failing by a mile.

They refuse to speak to the media about anything ongoing, whereas UEFA do, and most of them arent keen on our owners anyway.

I dont think its unreasonable for most journalists to take UEFA's story as fact until its disproven at CAS although some of them definitely got carried away and have dug themselves a hole that will be hard to get out of if things go our way.
Your memory of events is different from mine. I don't recall the club saying at any point that they expected to 'pass' FFP

I would argue that's the complete anthesis of what good journalism is. Rather than blind assumption because one side is uncooperative it should drive you to at least attempt to uncover what you can. So yes I believe it is unreasonable but then again you state the reason "most of them arent keen on our owners anyway."

Wasn't some of that " brashness " due to the fact that the club were being guided by somebody who helped devise/ draft the FFP rules , and before UEFA " moved the goalposts " ?

But so much of their problem is down to bad management surely. The fact that they are allowed to operate with the level of debt they have is what is so bloody frustrating when compared to our situation.
It’s frustrating, but ultimately their shit ownership structure suits me fine and long may it continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.