UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we where to get a reduction down to a one year ban then next year would be the ideal time to serve it .. Under the current circumstances it's highly unlikely fans will be allowed into the stadia , certainly in the group stages , even after that it's doubtful without a vaccine . could be an ideal time to concentrate on getting back on top in the premier league , less games with a tighter squad with more time between games to work with the players , less injuries and all the advantages of not playing weekend - midweek - weekend schedules for 5 months of the season...Hopefully things will go our way and the ban will be completely revoked , but a ban of just one season would be far from the end of the world ..

tenor.gif

For those really bored today, you can watch Ulrich Haas (on our CAS panel) talk about Predictive Analytics in Sport Arbitration. It more enlightening than it sounds btw

Quite interesting for such a dry subject. Not sure we can take much out of it, but I hope all 3 of them had a good brekky, full English with all the trimmings.

Had anyone thought about how you will feel towards the club if we exhaust all options and are still found guilty? I don't mean towards the manager or the team but towards khaldoon,soriano and our owner

Whatever happens I think they have behaved impeccably. If we had no option but to evade the cartel's "rules" just to compete, I'd have hoped and expected them to have done just that without a second thought. The options were comply if we could, circumvent the rules if we couldn't. There was no other option except throw up our hands and say "sorry folks, we can't ever compete".

As for "deceiving" the fans, if we were forced to evade these illegitimate "rules", would people really expect them to tell us about it ? "Look City fans, these crooks have stitched us up good and proper but we think we've found a dodge. Just don't tell UEFA".

It's not a court. We won't be "guilty" of anything. It will be that our interpretation of the rules was held to be wrong in the view of the CAS arbitrators.

If CAS find that UEFA's sanction is justified I'll be disappointed but I'll know that it was imposed because the club did it because FFP was in place, seemingly to prevent us achieving what we have in the last 10 years. We did what we had to do, like the householder who stabs the burglar in his house and goes to jail for it.

I have to say I slightly disagree. I think the executives have a duty of care to the club and the supporters. Whatever they tried to do in 2010-2014, I understand why they did it. However the Football Leaks were incredibly damaging and continue to be. It has allowed the media to characterise the club in a certain light. The only way you can justify that is if you win at CAS.

If they lose then I'd expect lots of blood on the carpet. The damage will be enormous and the ramifications for everyone from squad to the executives will be wide ranging and very negative. This is a watershed moment in the Abu Dhabi ownership, make no mistakes about that. Everyone from Silver Lake to the entire footballing establishment will be looking for a pound of flesh if we're guilty. It really really really doesn't bare thinking about.

Which is why, I'm beginning to think we'll win. You don't take the risk we've just taken by going to CAS, unless you fancy your chances big time.

I have to say I slightly disagree. I think the executives have a duty of care to the club and the supporters. Whatever they tried to do in 2010-2014, I understand why they did it. However the Football Leaks were incredibly damaging and continue to be. It has allowed the media to characterise the club in a certain light. The only way you can justify that is if you win at CAS.

If they lose then I'd expect lots of blood on the carpet. The damage will be enormous and the ramifications for everyone from squad to the executives will be wide ranging and very negative. This is a watershed moment in the Abu Dhabi ownership, make no mistakes about that. Everyone from Silver Lake to the entire footballing establishment will be looking for a pound of flesh if we're guilty. It really really really doesn't bare thinking about.

Which is why, I'm beginning to think we'll win. You don't take the risk we've just taken by going to CAS, unless you fancy your chances big time.

I've read this post six times and I still don't know what you're trying to say

He says uefa have been after our club for years and he doesn't care if we cheated or not because they have made the rules just to fuck us over anyway and he will be standing by the club regardless.

He also says City fans stop blaming the club for this and stand firm as they want us to fall out of love with City, (they being the press ****s I think.)

I would be amazed if this went in our favour, we just don't get lucky with decisions unless we've secretly bunged these cas members a nice wedge of dough each. A one year ban wouldn't be the end of the world, but still we'd have cheats aimed at us from all and sundry and demands we have trophies taken away from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.