UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The facts of the Suarez incident are irrelevant to the point I was making. The poster I replied to asked about how the case is viewed outside your "bubble". My reference is the Suarez incident is a comparison between both sets of fans, both are adamant, unequivocal, 100% certain, whatever word you want to use for not entertaining any other outcome than innocent. There was/is no doubt among the support base where as other clubs supporters are looking on thinking your bonkers.

You are still talking absolute rubbish – the Suarez incident had irrefutable proof - the guy himself admitted it! Liverpool - the club and fans, acted in the cult-like way they always do... strange bunch... they defended racism.

City have been accused of financial irregularities - they deny it - and have accounts (which have been checked previously and approved of) to back that up.

As I said earlier, there is ZERO comparison

All you have done, is prove that your only reasoning of our guilt is that you believe what you have read in a baised media!

In the " court of public opinion " ie the supporters of every other club apart from City, the narrative is guilty .

The G14 clan members obviously, but the average supporter of other clubs simply follow the media line and City must be guilty because UEFA wouldn't charge them if there was nothing to be guilty of .

Gentlemen and ladies - we are guilty of being successful and upsetting the status quo - no point in arguing with the ignorant .

I'm 6 months on here and so far have avoided giving my opinion on the subject. Seeing as you have specifically asked I will share my thoughts. Firstly I have noticed a real change in mood in the last few weeks since the poll went up and @projectriver provided his brilliant analysis.

Now gets ready to run for the hills*

As an outsider looking in and what I feel is the general consensus among other fans is City are obviously guilty. In so many ways it reminds of 2 cases, the John Terry/Anton Ferdinand case and the Suarez/Evra case. The Chelsea fans weren't as ferocious as they were inwardly delighted to have a racist as captain but still wouldn't have it be said that only true version of events was the one provided by their spiritual leader. With Liverpool you had players wearing t-shirts in support and supporters learning intricate pieces of law and Montevideo slang and swearing blind their man is the victim when literally everyone else is looking at them and saying what the fuck is wrong with them? To this day they won't have anyone say Suarez was a wrongun despite a mountain of evidence and a series of various crimes for differnet teams in different countries. They wanted to sue the FA, Ferguson,Evra, UEFA and anyone else that didn't believe them. It was only the eventual intervention by sponsors that had them put their guns away. In 20 years time those fans will still reject any accusation he made racist remarks.

I think something similar will happen here, City will lose and eventually sponsors/investors will demand a line is drawn underneath this. I won't line, I do think City are guilty but I don't think this is anywhere near as clear cut as the Suarez case simply because there is so much more involved and City at every level (bar internet security) seem to be world leaders, add in another jurisdiction which UEFA have no rights in and it becomes a much closer call. It's so technical and so huge that there is a massive chance someone in UEFA has fucked up somewhere along the line, I suspect City's bluster is based around having the confidence that the best legal team money can buy will find that mistake.

* you did ask.
So your basically saying City are guilty and if they are exonerated it will be due to a mistake by uefa or our legal team finding a technicality.

Out of interest, is there any way you would accept city aren't guilty of what they've been accused of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.