UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are certainly doing your bit today to lighten the mood :)

I don’t think what he posted is necessarily a bad thing. If anything, it shows that CAS nearly always reaches the correct decision so IF City’s case is as strong as the club says it is, that ought to be enough for CAS to come down on our side. However, from reading what @projectriver posted, very occasionally CAS do get it wrong so if we lose then we can take it further but there might not be much chance of winning going off those figures.

Always wondered whether we declined Ceferin’s offer because we doubted his ability to deliver it (Rather than us being overly confident of our position) in the face of the G14 being hell bent on us being banned.

That doesn't add up to me as if we agreed a 'slap on the wrist' & Ceferin didn't deliver then we still had the option of going to CAS.

It’s only speculation that City were ever offered a deal by uefa, which we refused, isn’t it?
I'll answer all these in one. We were told (about the deal being offered by Ceferin) directly from Omar Berrada in a City Matters meeting just before Xmas. It's a pretty good point that we could well have doubted his ability to deliver it but Berrada was quite vehement that we turned it down because we weren't guilty.

Omar is a very softly-spoken guy normally, who doesn't get worked up, but he really was almost in table-thumping mode and was clearly of the opinion that we were innocent and that we wouldn't be accepting any deal, however beneficial. So I agree with Ardwick here.

But there's still something nagging at the back of my brain that we HAVE done a deal of some sort with UEFA at CAS, away from the influence exerted by the G-14 clubs, which is why the club seem so confident.

G14, cartel blah blah. IMO (tin hat on), we need to give this stuff up - if we lose the club have screwed up. Let's be clear and honest, we would act exactly the same as the competition if, lets say, we win at CAS (or even if we don't) and in 5 years Newcastle have started to threaten the status quo. It's a competitive sport - people lobby as it leads to relative gains.
I don't agree with you about that. FFP was hijacked and drafted in a format that deliberately favoured the legacy clubs. And we've been targeted by rival clubs with FFP as the net. City have also said that UEFA is split between hawks and doves.

G14, cartel blah blah. IMO (tin hat on), we need to give this stuff up - if we lose the club have screwed up. Let's be clear and honest, we would act exactly the same as the competition if, lets say, we win at CAS (or even if we don't) and in 5 years Newcastle have started to threaten the status quo. It's a competitive sport - people lobby as it leads to relative gains.
We are arguing UEFA rules and their inability to conform to them so our "unfairness" argument may not enter into it I presume?

For leaked emails, not co-operating with UEFA. Pep will be out the door, in a year if not sooner. Not sure the silver lake investment envisaged this, either. All this talk about retrospective titles being lost, points docked. Wouldn’t surprise me if the owner looked to sell, reputation will be tarnished for good. A lot on the line...seismic[/QUOTE

Haha a WUM of the lowest order - nothing but dipper dreams.

I don't agree with you about that. FFP was hijacked and drafted in a format that deliberately favoured the legacy clubs. And we've been targeted by rival clubs with FFP as the net. City have also said that UEFA is split between hawks and doves.

Yep but that isn’t the argument at cas

A couple of questions:

1. Let’s say UEFA did offer us a small fine in the first instance as is widely discussed. Let’s also say that City can show that at CAS. Would that not only show that UEFA were not entirely independent of the AC? Also I understand that the argument that a 2 year ban is too much will probably not float so does that mean that the initial small fine offer has no impact at all on the decision....CAS thinking being that City should have taken the offer?

2. With regard to your last paragraph I’ve always thought that too which begs the question how can it be that both sides seem very confident of victory? I know UEFA are divided and may have been pushed into this but they can’t be entirely stupid and must have been advised they have a strong case too. Are one side’s legal advisors crazy? It seems that one side must know the odds are against them; if that side is us I can only imagine that Sheikh Mansour himself has instructed City to fight on a matter of principle which seems unlikely to me. Could both sides feel they have an ace up their sleeve? I feel like something is missing.

I’m still positive given that City would not take this risk without good reason and that they will have a very good idea how the hearing went and seem outwardly very confident of victory.
Lawyers never loose, they get well paid whatever the outcome!

I'll answer all these in one. We were told (about the deal being offered by Ceferin) directly from Omar Berrada in a City Matters meeting just before Xmas. It's a pretty good point that we could well have doubted his ability to deliver it but Berrada was quite vehement that we turned it down because we weren't guilty.

Omar is a very softly-spoken guy normally, who doesn't get worked up, but he really was almost in table-thumping mode and was clearly of the opinion that we were innocent and that we wouldn't be accepting any deal, however beneficial. So I agree with Ardwick here.

But there's still something nagging at the back of my brain that we HAVE done a deal of some sort with UEFA at CAS, away from the influence exerted by the G-14 clubs, which is why the club seem so confident.
I am ignoring the image game. City have to exude confidence because they have to carry on business as usual. You'd expect nothing else.

I think we should have a measure of confidence though if City have stuck to our guns throughout despite draconian consequences. We tested the water with CAS and still went down that route and made no attempt to settle which points to real confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.