UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is litigation - smart people can disagree. This is why it is very risky not to settle a case where the stakes are very high for one side. UEFA's stakes are far lower than City's so they can take a view that even a 50% prospect of success justifies going ahead.

Not a question as such but I do wonder if politics has overtaken the situation and UEFA do have something to lose hence the rumoured offer. If UEFA are as divided as Soranio says and lose then the side infested with old G14 members can say that UEFA need better governance and take an even stronger hold of the governing body.

I think it’s G14 that have nothing to lose and win both ways. Quite clever if true.

I hope one day that someone challenges what appears, in layman’s terms, to be a cartel.

I was pretty confident we would get off or a suspended guilty verdict.

I started listening to the price of football pod cast and now I’m bloody nervous

Before going into CAS, UEFA were confident they have a cast iron case against us and it wasn’t based solely on FFP.

Their view was city failed to cooperate with the new investigation and that’s was why the ban was 2 years and city are pinning their hopes on UEFA failed to follow their own procedures by leaking the information before we knew

This actually makes me feel a lot more positive about our chances, if it’s an accurate picture of UEFA’s position.

Firstly - and with a caveat of not yet having listened to the pod - it appears this piece is based entirely on the picture as taken from UEFA’s perspective, presenting their opinions on the robustness of their own arguments rather than any insight into the responding arguments put forward by City. It’s a UEFA perspective on the strength of UEFA’s case - presenting one side of the argument in isolation, nothing more.

But the point that makes me feel positive is their apparent reliance on the non-cooperation angle, away from FFP. If this is a large component of their case, then I think they’ll lose.

CAS have already indicated a concern at UEFA’s persistent leaking of confidential information through this case, which is at the heart of any perceived non-cooperation from City. But even putting that aside, it’s clear we did cooperate given the detailed submission we made to the IC - this would be a very tough argument for UEFA to make stick, as it’s not based on facts, but an interpretation of our behaviour. That’s not a strong basis for the action they’ve taken.

Put simply - if the pod genuinely represents UEFA’s position on this, it’s very good news!

Not a question as such but I do wonder if politics has overtaken the situation and UEFA do have something to lose hence the rumoured offer. If UEFA are as divided as Soranio says and lose then the side infested with old G14 members can say that UEFA need better governance and take an even stronger hold of the governing body.

I think it’s G14 that have nothing to lose and win both ways. Quite clever if true.

I hope one day that someone challenges what appears, in layman’s terms, to be a cartel.

G14, cartel blah blah. IMO (tin hat on), we need to give this stuff up - if we lose the club have screwed up. Let's be clear and honest, we would act exactly the same as the competition if, lets say, we win at CAS (or even if we don't) and in 5 years Newcastle have started to threaten the status quo. It's a competitive sport - people lobby as it leads to relative gains.

I was pretty confident we would get off or a suspended guilty verdict.

I started listening to the price of football pod cast and now I’m bloody nervous

Before going into CAS, UEFA were confident they have a cast iron case against us and it wasn’t based solely on FFP.

Their view was city failed to cooperate with the new investigation and that’s was why the ban was 2 years and city are pinning their hopes on UEFA failed to follow their own procedures by leaking the information before we knew

Thats your first mistake, load of conspiracy theiory bollocks. IMO obviously.

G14, cartel blah blah. IMO (tin hat on), we need to give this stuff up - if we lose the club have screwed up. Let's be clear and honest, we would act exactly the same as the competition if, lets say, we win at CAS (or even if we don't) and in 5 years Newcastle have started to threaten the status quo. It's a competitive sport - people lobby as it leads to relative gains.
Agreed, to expect our competitors to sit there in shock at our apparent bad treatment from UEFA is naive in the extreme, they are exactly that, our competitors, of course they want to see us brought down.

Agree with this. Also if, and it’s still an if imho the deal was offered then City must be supremely confident of their evidence. Otherwise to turn down such a deal would be reckless, and our owners aren’t reckless. But why would UEFA offer us any deal?

Unfortunately I think that’s probably true but I stick with Soranio’s strong insinuation that UEFA are divided and who it is that has created the division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.