UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My inkling is that the club are not as confident as some of our statements infer , the fact we have done nothing in the transfer market is down to the club not being able to guarantee champs league for players like Koulibaly , it appears we are delaying any commitment on transfers until the appeal decision is confirmed.

Are most of Europe banned as well then?

Saw some post related to the confidence factor. One would be confident if they had a strong case and possess the legal expertise we do. For this reason I am confident and positive that we would come through.

Even if appeal goes against us, we still have forums to fight our case. Worst case scenario that can be expected is a one year ban
Which forums? I refuse to go on RAWK or Sad Cafe.

Taking me back this is! On our birthdays my old man used to make us a tent using a clothes rack and a bed sheet and me and my sisters would have birthday party tea in there. consisting of the above and one or two additional treats, Iceland sausage rolls, angel delight. Good times!
Hope the Angel delight was butterscotch.

I would have thought that CAS can only judge on what the appellant has appealed and the narrative from City is that we have proof of compliance, and I can't see any official documents describing the nature of our appeal other than this. Unless the precedent is that CAS understand that appellants who have their cases dismissed then usually go on to appeal the level of the punishment and so they also then judge that side as well so as to avoid further appeals and other potential legal processes. I would have thought the next step would be, if we don't prevail, that we have to appeal again against the sentence and, if we want it to be delayed to allow entry into next year's competition while our appeal is heard, possibly go to court to prevent UEFA enforcing the punishment immediately. I don't think we'd do the latter but we might still appeal via CAS.

All moot hopefully.

It will all be considered in one go. Can UEFA make the charges > if yes, do the charges stand up > if yes, was the punishment grossly disproportionate > if yes, either send back to AC or substitute for different sanction. No further appeal to CAS.

He does. Had a chuckle to myself thinking that Pep, Txiki, Ferran and Khaldoon were all reading this thread and enjoying the drama so thought they'd do some videos with contrasting emotions to let things go wild. Pep went for the agitated approach, they then sat back and enjoyed Bluemoon's body language experts get increasingly depressed. Txiki then puts out a relaxed interview and suddenly we're all convinced we've won again.

Anyone else notice Silva in discussions with the ref after the game last night. It could have been because of the foul on him that wasn't given, or could it have been about the CAS decision? Was David picking the refs up on a comment regarding our breach of FFP rules?
Using my parabolic mic, l was able to listen in to the conversation. El Mago asks the ref:
"What have you got tattooed on your dick?"

I know projectriver guesses we still don’t know for sure but I think, as Tolmie guesses...City know.

We are only 4 days from us all knowing now including a weekend and CAS will be aware this is one of the biggest cases they have ever had and the more time they can give both parties to prepare the better.

Part of me even thinks the verdict was made known at the time UEFA requested the public verdict be pushed back till Monday.

Also, if City have lost, I don’t think Pep would be talking so much about CL qualification.

So I think we know by now and that we have won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.