UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Sports Illustrated have an online report that we are set to be exonerated of all charges by CAS and have directly attributed this assumption to Ian Cheeseman. I just hope Cheeseman knew what he was doing when he tweeted because if it turns out to be wrong then he'll be packing orders for Amazon in a few months.

https://www.si.com/soccer/mancheste...-outcome-man-city-to-be-completely-exonerated
It's pretty shocking if a respected sports news organization is publishing an article based on a single tweet from someone with no official connection to any of the parties involved.
The City page on Sports Illustrated is not run by Sports Illustrated - it's run by the fans who run City Xtra (which you can see at the top of the page). SI collaborates with fan pages so they can have a blog of sorts on their website. City Xtra uses it to post the same news stories they tweet, but in article form (they also post their lineup predictions/opinion pieces/etc. on there).

Man and boy I've never once heard a blue refer to themselves as Bert.

I believe It is quite common with some blues, mainly older ones in thier 40s and older, it is just usual city self deprications, just like rags songs like this is how it feels and city are a massive club were turned around to mock them then so was the use of berts as a thing they used to take the piss.

Things they used to mock us for, curly watts, peter swales, frank sidebottom ete, mamaging to fuck up are nostalgically looked at and rather than being used by them anymore to takethe piss by many who refer to themselves as berts

Some blues use the term, a lot of others probably don't.

Whatever your personal thoughts of Ian Cheeseman, put them to one side.

He is connected. Probably to a much a better degree than the ITKs we trust on here.

Whatever he’s posted will, I’m certain, be in good faith and likely from someone who knows the outcome.

That doesn’t mean it is correct, but in my eyes it is good news and as good as we are likely to get before the official announcement.

I also think it is incredibly naive to suggest that sections of the football club don’t know the outcome. They do. Simple as that in my eyes.

He will know people shirley, plus the last week Pep has been very confident that we would not be banned.

Part of me thought when I first read it Cheesy being still pisses off City won't allow him into games as a journo had him leak this early on purpose to steal a march on them

He’s Trump demanding to build a wall to keep the Mexicans out.

He’s literally football journalism’s very own Tucker Carlson.

He’s so desperate for attention it is truly hilarious.
He couldn't fill Tucker Carlson's inkwell. Why do so many people object to a boundary wall if it keeps ne'er do wells out? We were caged in the 70's and 80's, never did us any harm

I believe It is quite common with some blues, mainly older ones in thier 40s and older, it is just usual city self deprications, just like rags songs like this is how it feels and city are a massive club were turned around to mock them then so was the use of berts as a thing they used to take the piss.

Things they used to mock us for, curly watts, peter swales, frank sidebottom ete, mamaging to fuck up are nostalgically looked at and rather than being used by them anymore to takethe piss by many who refer to themselves as berts

Some blues use the term, a lot of others probably don't.

I’m a blue in my forties and never have I ever referred to myself or any other blue as a Bertie.

it’s a pisstake from the rags. Probably derived from the fact we call them rags and they didn’t have a witty thing to call us, so they came up with Bertie Magoo, he’s a proper blue.

As usual with their cockney humour, it’s wank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.