UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice said this before but worth repeating in the light of that pile of nonsense.

I actually felt sorry for him a while back as he was tweeting such a pile of uninformed shite about this case that I held out an olive branch and patiently explained on Twitter (which isn't the easiest medium for that) why his view was completely wrong.

All I got back was basically "I'm right and you're wrong but I'm not going to tell you why as I have confidential sources and you don't". My reply was something like "Everything I've said is in the public domain and information I've sourced by my own diligence and patient fact-finding. I don't need confidential sources". Then I gave up trying to reason with him and hit the Block button.

I doubt he's ever done any research but just writes the first piece of unsubstantiated crap that pops into his head.
I alluded to this yesterday, as well, but I had a “discussion” with him quite awhile ago now that spanned two days, mostly covering the underlying racism and xenophobia in his treatment of City, PSG, FFP, and his musings about the state of football in general. It also briefly touched on his favouritism for American-owned clubs (whilst ignoring the deep seeded financial and ethical issues with them), as well as his flawed understanding of financial management and analysis in general.

He conceded absolutely nothing and every response was similar to what you have described in spirit; it was very much the intellectual coward’s escape of “you don’t understand what I am saying” and “I know more than you so am always going to be right about this”.

Funny enough, shortly after I fully disclosed my credentials (as a basis for dissolving that “I know more about this” defence) he ceased responding to me.

He’s a charlatan, a malcontent, and an idiot.

Interesting to see how they spin this if we do win, barring Samuel we've been prey for years?
Some will go down the “got away with it” route and make it out as if we’ve got away on a technicality, others will just not mention it.

No they are just taking money off the Army of City haters - It’s like shelling peas... thousands of Rags and Dippers will take those short odds in the droves.
Agreed.
Bookies love to publicly count out the notes when a 50 - 1 winner comes in.
As you say they make their book with short odds favourites lumping on.

Cheesemans tweet, Paddy Power stopping the 8/1 city wont be banned bet, is enough for me to start being finally positive about this shite situation.

Roll on Monday where the true reality that we are still banned crashes me back down to earth...
Paid out on the rags in 2012.

The bookies want us
I saw that link earlier but there’s nothing on the specials on the app. Make of that what you will.

Reason to be worried? Bookies rarely wrong, they don’t like being wrong.

Reason not to be worried? It was 2 days ago.

So on balance I don’t know. But I’m confident.
To win based on those odds. It means they will pay out less if we do.

I alluded to this yesterday, as well, but I had a “discussion” with him quite awhile ago now that spanned two days, mostly covering the underlying racism and xenophobia in his treatment of City, PSG, FFP, and his musings about the state of football in general. It also briefly touched on his favouritism for American-owned clubs (whilst ignoring the deep seeded financial and ethical issues with them), as well as his flawed understanding of financial management and analysis in general.

He conceded absolutely nothing and every response was similar to what you have described in spirit; it was very much the intellectual coward’s escape of “you don’t understand what I am saying” and “I know more than you so am always going to be right about this”.

Funny enough, shortly after I fully disclosed my credentials (as a basis for dissolving that “I know more about this” defence) he ceased responding to me.

He’s a charlatan, a malcontent, and an idiot.
Actually had to trawl quite a few posts back to see who you were talking about - I thought it was David Conn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.