UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if they win tomorrow they will go off into the sunset gloating,i don't see why they would negotiate with us,they will have done the bidding of the big clubs and tebas etc,looks like from our early statement that we would take it further if we lost
I think we’d have a right to appeal the punishment, it may seem cheeky but still worth a shot. I don’t think Uefa would be too petty about it.

I think if they win tomorrow they will go off into the sunset gloating,i don't see why they would negotiate with us,they will have done the bidding of the big clubs and tebas etc,looks like from our early statement that we would take it further if we lost

I don’t understand if there are any avenues of redress after this? Anyway still trust the club have this all covered.

I don't know for sure but I think City settled the initial alleged breach without conceding guilt. Technically yes but evidentially, not so much. None of us know enough details, though, in terms of the gravity of the alleged offence and what penalties have been dished out to other clubs in the past. Plus, I seem to think City are saying the new rules were applied retrospectively.

The whole settlement process is seen by UEFA as a second chance. City did not accept they breached but that is not relevant to CAS especially where we are considering the scenario where they have found in UEFAs favour. Of course you are entitled to disagree.

I'm afraid to say that I believe football is corrupt at just about every level and while I am not suggesting that the CAS panel are susceptible to corruption, I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility that pressure may have been brought to bear.

In cases like this, as with most of life, money wins.

For what it's worth, I think we are guilty of at best bending the rules, at worst breaking them. If we do 'win' it will be on a point of procedure, not the fact that we are innocent.

When you consider some of the cases CAS have judged on and some of the people along the way they have ruled against It fills me with confidence an upset UEFA would be the least of their worries. Similarly a lot more powerful organisations have lost at CAS so if they were to be corrupted, I would imagine its reputation would have already been tainted, which does not seem the case.

I don’t understand if there are any avenues of redress after this? Anyway still trust the club have this all covered.
I don’t see why we couldn’t negotiate with UEFA to reduce ? At the end of the day we still need to work with them and have a good relationship going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.