UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A query from Len 'the non conformist of Neasden' Rum.
If Sheikh Mansour is deemed not to be a related party to Etihad then under FFP he cannot provide funds to Etihad for them to subsequently sponsor City?
So such a practice would be against FFP rules but the problem for UEFA is proving it?
This alleged payment to Etihad was from a reference in one of the stolen e-mails that “HH” Would Pay a sum to Etihad It’s been assumed by some that HH was Sheikh Mansour. People will knowledge of the UAE said that HH would only every be used to refer to President of Abu Dhabi Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan

Funny thing is, that when you strip it back - people will say FFP is designed to stop clubs overspending and going bump... well, where was it for Bolton or Bury?
Also, even if Mansour himself had rocked up, opened his wallet and said there's £60mil quid... it's his fucking club, his business - how can they say that an owner, investing his own cash to better his club, is wrong?
It’s not wrong.
It’s just against the rules.

Funny thing is, that when you strip it back - people will say FFP is designed to stop clubs overspending and going bump... well, where was it for Bolton or Bury?
Also, even if Mansour himself had rocked up, opened his wallet and said there's £60mil quid... it's his fucking club, his business - how can they say that an owner, investing his own cash to better his club, is wrong?
Yup. That's what pisses me off more. So before we were bought by Mansour, it was okay for clubs to spend and go bankrupt. But when we started spending without any debts, it was bad for football. Hypocrites the lot of them.

Do you think UEFA will ratify this ban?
When UEFA leaks a lot of things like that, it is usually what they intend to do.

As what stated by your club, it is disappointing but not surprising. UEFA will go all the way and let you test their decision with CAS.

But i don't think UEFA will go further. They will accept it if CAS rule in your favor.

I just don’t like the word doping. Who ever came with that word in this context needs some tight slapping. When others do they gloss with everything under the sun and glitters but when we follow the same exact path paved by so called elites , it’s called doping . This is where it all stems from , pure jealousy.

It was Wenger wasn't it? He was the first person I remember using that term.

This is their very, very last chance to get us. The 5 year limit was up today hence the rush to get us. Even if, and that is a big IF, they ban us it is the last time they can do us because we are completely and utterly above board FFP wise.

Anyone got a source for the 5 year limit being up today? I think I missed it...

What's the worst that can happen?

It looks like a one year CL ban. Even if that happens and we can't overturn it then it's hardly a fatal blow. The upside is that the softly softly, take a pinch approach is well and truly over regardless of the outcome now and I welcome that. From now on we'll do what the fuck our owner wants to do by any means he chooses.

Let's enjoy the ride, even if there are one or two bumps on the way.
A year ban is a big deal.

First, you lose the CL money.
Then you also lose a lot of sponsoring money + stadium attendance money.
But more importantly than the rest, it is a direct slap in the face of the club and your owners. You are branded as cheats (well you were branded before, but now people has a "reason" to do so).
Your owners wouldn't accept that infamous reputation and it would alter your development a bit (you would still grow as you keep winning but some casual could become anti-fans, some sponsor could be deterred to invest as much money as they otherwise would, etc.).

I just don’t like the word doping. Who ever came with that word in this context needs some tight slapping. When others do they gloss with everything under the sun and glitters but when we follow the same exact path paved by so called elites , it’s called doping . This is where it all stems from , pure jealousy.
Wenger is the first I remember using the phrase.

Edit: just seen Laserblue. As I thought.

I don't think the context of "inflated" where FFP is concerned, has anything to with anything other than fair market value. So it has nothing to do with what UEFA think Etihad can afford, it's if they feel we wouldn't be able to to get the same deal elsewhere and UEFA already said that's not the case from what we've heard.

Also fair market value would only be relevant if Etihad were a related party and they have not established that link. An unrelated party can pay whatever they feel the deal is worth to them. If Etihad aren't related but Sheikh Mansour has been paying them directly for our sponsorship, the problem isn't inflation but deception/not disclosing things they legally have to. Which I don't think is happening given what City have said.
I find it incredible that the BBC in.s latest release seem to.know a complete breakdown of what City have allegedly been accused of to the details of what will happen next and what this Belgium geezer had referred back to UEFA, this is definitely I stich up and glad to heat that at the end of this report the BBC state City have three of the mast prestigious law firms already working.pn this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.