UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nothing to do with UEFA - that is an Etihad Airways issue.

It's not our concern where Etihad get their money from - but *if* the leaked emails show we DID KNOW that our owner was funding the sponsorship then that's the "misleading investigators" part... Now these leaked emails exist it's (I assume) UEFA's whole arguement which is shaky ground for them (again I presume) because are they even legit?

I certainly don't expect it but if one of the 'big 4' were getting this shit from UEFA the FA, Prem & media would be releasing statements left right & centre in support after all this reflects badly on both the former organisations.
Press reports a few months ago suggested Liverpool have been petitioning other clubs asking the Premier League to investigate. I think I recall speculation that they had the support of about 12 other clubs.

It's my opinion that the whole FFP scheme from its inception has been devised by officials linked to major rival clubs. If you look at the people on the UEFA licencing committees and those who oversee the financial monitoring of European club football, many are linked to major European clubs, and we know that the clubs themselves had a major input into these regulations. This is not an independent review at all. FFP has been designed to entrap City. They changed the rules during the last review to snare City, and now the allegation is that City tried to evade the snare. How dare they?

UEFA seems to me rather a nebulous organisation with various groups with competing interests. The problem City have is that rival clubs have been devising their rules and then lobbying UEFA intensely. I think the media must know this, but so far they only seem to have been concentrating on the deer in the headlights.

@Parisian is the expert on PSG - he may be able to flesh those out a bit. However, I don't think it's a surprise that the first big sanctions under FFP (at the same time as each other) were similar - testing what the clubs would accept.

As far as I know, PSG have not been accused of what City have, so there isn't anything to compare directly on that. Vice versa, the things you mention haven't been levelled at City, so there isn't anything to compare.
I agree with you but all the efforts are towards Punishing City, there’s not much shit flying in PSG’s direction.

But even putting a uefa hat on, shit I need to wash my hair at the thought, how is it possible to get misled, you received a set of audited accounts, review those accounts and if necessary can seek clarification, if uefa now think they misinterpreted something that’s not being misled just incompetent.
If the misled angle is indeed the problem surely there is no need to point out how one manages to comply with uefa rules that are porous.
Income Tax rules need frequent tweaking because loopholes are legally used by many to avoid the need to declare income items.

Why should investment be special?

It's not our concern where Etihad get their money from - but *if* the leaked emails show we DID KNOW that our owner was funding the sponsorship then that's the "misleading investigators" part... Now these leaked emails exist it's (I assume) UEFA's whole arguement which is shaky ground for them (again I presume) because are they even legit?
But the Etihad sponsorship funds were guaranteed by the Emir "His highness" (no following name) not "His Highness Sheikh Mansour" (note the name after His Highness). Abu Dhabi address protocol that Simon Pearce would never get wrong in a billion years.
City were clearly doing due diligence with Etihad as a result of problems with Etihad and the US regulator.

Last edited:
City alleged to have tried getting round owner investment rules - being investigated.
PSG - haven't been accused of this as far as I know.
Because they didn't try and get round it. They were "in you face" about their 200m per year sponsorship deal with the QTA. That was then downvalued to 100m then again down valued to 50m. Then UEFA still weren't happy and tried to open the investigation again, PSG immediately appealed to the CAS who told UEFA they couldn't reopen it.

This morning Uefa has launched its first ever Women’s Football strategy. I wonder what’s coming next? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.