UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You realise that for last season, Liverpool announced what the BBC described as world record profits?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47168032
The profits are nothing compared to what they could make with a wages cap. The US owners at United and Liverpool are doing everything they can to destabilise City including briefing our enemies in the media and lobbying UEFA. Their hatred of our owners is for commercial (and geo-political) reasons.
It is also possible that CFG have upset a few big players in New York. Why has the New York Times (and now New Yorker magazine) started giving huge coverage to the FFP story? It's not just because "soccer" is growing over there is it?
I am not attacking the New York Times because it is a legitimate story to cover and their coverage has been much more accurate and fairer than the UK media but these things don't happen by accident.

The profits are nothing compared to what they could make with a wages cap. The US owners at United and Liverpool are doing everything they can to destabilise City including briefing our enemies in the media and lobbying UEFA. Their hatred of our owners is for commercial (and geo-political) reasons.
It is also possible that CFG have upset a few big players in New York. Why has the New York Times (and now New Yorker magazine) started giving huge coverage to the FFP story? It's not just because "soccer" is growing over there is it?
I am not attacking the New York Times because it is a legitimate story to cover and their coverage has been much more accurate and fairer than the UK media but these things don't happen by accident.

Yes, would be interesting to see what the Liverpool sympathising NY Times football correspondent has to say on this. Rory I think his name is. Often on 5 live football for some reason.

Yes, would be interesting to see what the Liverpool sympathising NY Times football correspondent has to say on this. Rory I think his name is. Often on 5 live football for some reason.
To be fair I think Rory Smith is a superb reporter. I have no idea what club he supports but I don't believe he is one the City-bashing cabal. If you read between the lines in the US media coverage it is easy to see what the backstory is. In this country most of the coverage, apart from people like Martin Samuel and sometimes Oliver Holt, has been disgraceful. Most of the sports press pack in Britain are a million miles behind the story. They are fed a fake story by an agent or club official and they report it in their publication without challenging the motive of the person who has leaked it. When idiots like Martin Lipton say we have a "bottomless pit of money and are funded by a country" without mentioning the context ie that Sheikh Mansour has actually made huge profits from his investments in Manchester then that is just fake news.

Liverpool net spend in 17/18 was -£28M, and those accounts were up to May 2018. For 18/19 net spend was +£127.5M, so next set of accounts to May 2019 will be interesting

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/liverpool/english-football-teams/liverpool-transfers

They'll be fine, I'd think.
Only 1/5th of the spending goes on the books each year (so 32M of the 160M spent, assuming 5 year deals for everyone), sold players for 30M+ (according to that site, and all of this goes straight in as income) and made the CL final.
That's overall pretty positive in terms of FFP, even allowing for wage rise.

I think the real drivers of the agenda right now are the American owners in England. There are Yanks at Arsenal, Bournemouth, Palace, Liverpool and United. IMO they want the American sports model to prevail in England because they'll be able to take out big profits that way: From Forbes magazine in 2018, Factor in a salary cap that restricts player costs to 50% of league revenue and NFL owners are minting money with average profits of $101 million per team in the sense of earnings before interest, taxes, deprecation (depreciation that, except in the case of Kroenke and the Glazers, where it is deprecation) and amortization. They've got some of their ducks lined up but Sheik Mansoor is a bit of a problem because he doesn't seem to care about making big money out of City yet. That means the Americans have to spend to keep up. They're pissed off about it and will go to any lengths to hobble City and Sheikh Mansoor. IMO that includes 'reaching out', as they say, to big players in the media, who are, more than likely, good friends. It's rotation fouling through the media with UEFA playing Mike Riley. City might cop for a red card for aggressive walking but it could get overturned on appeal.
I see this the same as fifa /World Cup /Qatar /bribery.... Once the yanks got involved the pressure suddenly ratched up on fifa, resignations etc.

I found it strange that they got involved, it's fuck all to do with them really!

Same on this, fuck all to do with the yanks about city /uefa /FFP. Why they getting involved? It's the money aspect obvs, they want a part of it! Greedy fuckers.

But.... Who would you want in charge? Yank ruthless greedy money making corporates... Or our owners who are tbh intent on producing the beautiful game we seeing at the moment!

The yanks will suck our game dry and they'll be hailed as heroes while they do it.

I don't think that a suspension could be enforced. 'A man is innocent until proved to be otherwise' etc...
People keep bringing english legal principles into this.
1 EUFA is not a court.. It is an industry control body
2 It may be required to operate to certain standards under Swiss law. I do not know what the law of Switz says about the rights of such bodies or individual businesses subject to its rules.
But quoting an English legal principle is not correct.

I see this the same as fifa /World Cup /Qatar /bribery.... Once the yanks got involved the pressure suddenly ratched up on fifa, resignations etc.

I found it strange that they got involved, it's fuck all to do with them really!

Same on this, fuck all to do with the yanks about city /uefa /FFP. Why they getting involved? It's the money aspect obvs, they want a part of it! Greedy fuckers.

But.... Who would you want in charge? Yank ruthless greedy money making corporates... Or our owners who are tbh intent on producing the beautiful game we seeing at the moment!

The yanks will suck our game dry and they'll be hailed as heroes while they do it.

Isn't this just part of the giant proxy war which is going on between the USA, UK, Saudi Arabia and the UAE and the Qataris (and Russians). The reasons the FBI went after FIFA is because the Americans will do anything to stop Qatar (and Iran) from extending their influence in the world. I am not suggesting there is some sort of grand conspiracy at work but there are a lot of powerful people in the USA who have many business interests in the middle east and they are the sort of people that can influence US policy. It's always all about money.
In a different scenario the same sort of big players (not the same individuals) are going to lose a hell of a lot of money if our owners continue to to be successful. The media are being used as pawns in this game and some of them are too stupid to realise it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.