UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
wazza‏ @WarrenWrigley 3m3 minutes ago

Replying to @city_rabin

"Rumour has it that PCW found nothing amiss at CFG during an independent financial audit recently. Khaldoon doesn’t see any value in UEFA being fatally undermined so, in my opinion, allowed UEFA to save some face by appealing at this stage"

Exactly, except it opens the door to identify those seeking to undermine City, whilst giving UEFA a get out.

UEFA fucked up the process of taking PSG to a Kangaroo Court and now they're doing the same to City.
UEFA look to have real problems making it look like they correctly complied with their own FFP processes especially articles 10, 13 and 17.
The only question is: Is it deliberate or is it incompetence? Are senior officials trying to make it look like they are doing the bidding of the old G14 when in fact they aren't?
Spot on although remember it’s not uefa it’s the cfcb that’s totally independent of uefa despite being bound by uefa statues, paid by uefa, based at uefa hq, have uefa staff etc but they are totally independent , article 17 doesn’t apply for the appeal at cas btw as city have appealed the ice decision to invoke article 17 predominantly through the irrefutable breach of article 10 and pretty damming likely breach of 13 which should have been completed prior to any decision to invoke 17

If we win the community shield no doubt Rick Parry will have the NYT on speed dial to plant some more ‘dirty Arabs, oil money, human rights... didums its just not fair’ stories.
It will be pushed out there, about 4 days before the com shield is played!

I think what is happening is that someone on the UEFA investigations committe with a commercial interest on behalf of his own club is passing information to someone in the hierarchy of his own club who is using another third party to leak it to the international media ie the New York Times and Associated Press. You don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to know who it is and why it is not going directly to the British press.
Well, not being Sherlock Holmes, erm, Who is it?

Stunned eh. Goes to show how clever they are then if this is true. I know would be considering next steps for all scenarios if I was UEFA. If its tue they are stunned it just goes to show 2 things. 1. They are as stupid as they look 2. Their legal representation is shite, which is fine by me
I think it may be the other way in their minds. Borne out of arrogance.
I think using the word "stunned" was deliberate as it intimates in yet more print that they are %100 correct on this and everybody knows it.
And they are discreditably downplaying this as just a desperate attempt, to further enhance negative City sentiments.

Great read that. Certainly shows why FFP coverage is so headline-grabbing and dull at the same time. The meat on the bone is overlooked.

Money above all. “Money scores goals,” as the German saying goes.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/...aks-is-exposing-corruption-in-european-soccer

Much is stating the obvious but it has more journalistic wash and backing than anything on a British tablois these days. Sam Knight doesn't do too bad.

“Between clubs, it’s not only that we don’t trust each other,” a director of a top European club told me. “We betray each other constantly.”

Certainly covers third party onership, the original Footy Leaks, Ronaldo's mispleasures of late, priestly refs...

However, I read the author's next article and it wasn't as deep. It did feature sentence rarely seen in UK papers.

Since the summer of 2017, Liverpool, the underdogs, have paid more than four hundred million dollars in transfer fees to acquire new players.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/lett...ccer-is-damned-and-thrilling-at-the-same-time

I agree with Sam Knight and Pinto's conclusion. I think no matter what happens with UEFA, FFP and backtracked investigations, football needs to see rules and reforms in action. Otherwise, a European Super League will happen - or the Cash League will close for new nominations.

He is convinced that the game is in a bubble, after which it will be reformed by strict spending rules and other changes to make it more competitive.

Alexander Čeferin, “Football is the only European product which is the best in the world in its field by some distance,” he told Der Speigel.

Yes. It sells papers and fuels debate.
He told Der Speigel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.