UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why, and it's only my guess, I think we've asked UEFA to investigate or clear us to draw a line under all this leaked stuff and stop it dragging on through the media, which isn't doing us nor indeed UEFA much good.
Yep I think it will all blow over quickly enough. Slap on the wrist fine. Liverpool and Arsenal will be happy occupying or at least fighting for the top four moral crusades league and the rest of us will just get on with the business of football.

Last edited:
I think you're right. In fact we're actually in a stronger position in some ways now all this is in the open. Before, if we'd taken UEFA to court in 2014, all this would have come out anyway, as we'd have been forced to reveal all documents pertaining to FFP. But so would UEFA and I'm not at all sure that they wanted that, any more than we did. But all our stuff is pretty well in play now whereas they've probably still got things they want to keep quiet.

My suspicion is we'll maybe get a slap on the wrist and be bound over to do or not do certain things in future.

Which still leaves us under a cloud, until some other media outlet decides we need another looking at.

When do we play the institutionalised racism card because to me at its core this is what all this appears to be.

Our own chairman hinted at this 10 years ago in an article where he said “ all we want to do is dine at the table but the door remains shut “ or words to that effect.

I have been looking for the exact quote without luck.

Anyone.

Last edited:
I think you're right. In fact we're actually in a stronger position in some ways now all this is in the open. Before, if we'd taken UEFA to court in 2014, all this would have come out anyway, as we'd have been forced to reveal all documents pertaining to FFP. But so would UEFA and I'm not at all sure that they wanted that, any more than we did. But all our stuff is pretty well in play now whereas they've probably still got things they want to keep quiet.

My suspicion is we'll maybe get a slap on the wrist and be bound over to do or not do certain things in future.

The truth, I feel, is that this is all about our next buying season which will be this summer. They dont want a repeat of 2017.

12 premier league clubs want to know what our punishment will be. Sounds like Willie McKay is running the show. When I said 12 clubs I meant three or four but wanted to make it look like more were on board. What a load of bollocks this whole affair is, why don't those who have instigated all this shit stick their heads above the parapet and admit the truth. This is going to get very messy

Manchester City welcomes the opening of a formal UEFA investigation as an opportunity to bring to an end the speculation resulting from the illegal hacking and out of context publication of City emails. The accusation of financial irregularities are entirely false. The Club’s published accounts are full and complete and a matter of legal and regulatory record.

I really don't think there is anything to be concerned about. The club are fully confident that they have done nothing wrong.

That's not exactly what the statement says.
It's what the club think about their reported financials and accounts from their legal perspective (which could differ from UEFA's interpretation of FFP).
If there are reasons to investigate our situation I struggle to understand why we should be against that
and immediately cry CONSPIRACY before we have a result.

As difficult as it is for many, the published emails should be supposed to be true and original, checked by Football Leaks and Spiegel lawyers.
I can't remember the club having described these hacked emails as untrue or manipulated - just out of context. Right?

That's why the club's statement doesn't include "we have done nothing wrong" as your interpretation suggests.

Whistleblowing is a concept to fight corruption, human rights issues and missing transparency of powerful organisations,
it's legally protected under certain circumstances for some reason.
It would be counter-productive if published stolen data wouldn't be true and original. That wouldn't make any sense.

Bottom line City should have some interest to clear the situation, once and for all.

Whistleblowing is a concept to fight corruption, human rights issues and missing transparency of powerful organisations,
it's legally protected under certain circumstances for some reason.
It would be counter-productive if published stolen data wouldn't be true and original. That wouldn't make any sense.
This isn't whistleblowing.

Guilty, even if found innocent. The shit has been thrown and has stuck.
That's good enough for the slingers.

Rag, according to some on here anyway.

But you are bang on. Reputation is everything. We're a club trying to build a bigger fanbase with bigger sponsorship deals. To have our name dragged through the mud is enough for some

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.