UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As ever, there's a whole lot of white noise going on around this affair. Where I think Castles may be right in his speculation is in the question of resignations.

A failure to obey the cartel of clubs who control the European, and by extension, the English games will, in my opinion, spell the end of UEFA and the "Champions League". It wouldn't surprise me if this was preceded by the departure, in faux indignation, of those officials most associated with the cartel clubs amidst another flurry of publicity around the bogus allegations.

A resignation doesn't help us. A resignation is usually from a matter of principle, so those who are corrupted can simply sell it as such, disgusted with the process of City avoiding major sanction.

A resignation also doesn't need to be held off for a month, as I can't see City agreeing to let Uefa dress it up as a resignation, rather than a raft of sackings.

Either way, it serves City no purpose, as the mud still sticks with resignations, rather than public sackings.

I think Castles is just trying to wring the dregs of a story which passed him by these last 24 hours.

I really need to know the truth about these alleged resignations. IF there have been resignations i would love to know who they are. It could be resignations because certain officials are disgusted at UEFA's spineless capitulation to a super wealthy club owner's threats.... OR it could be that a certain Mr Parry (and possibly a certain Mr Gill) has been presented with the gun on the table and told to do the honourable thing for landing UEFA on the very painful horns of a dilemma, the only exit from which is a full apology to City. This is the theory I outlined to PB in an earlier post - what are the chances PB?

I thought Rick Parry was out of Uefa and now boss at Football League?

We won't have to wait a month now, in my opinion.

There are too many people wanting to see us fail, for them not to pursue chapter and verse in the coming days.

Someone has let it slip out for a reason, we just need to discover whose purpose it serves best.

It could well be Slater got a germ and Sam Lee had to check it with City.

I await Lipton or someone in tomorrow's Sundays to try and put a slant on it that saves face for these cowards.

Cowards is right. The clubs via the ECA or otherwise should have no influence over a governing body... its a conflict of interest. If a club has a problem with us they shouldn’t hide behind UEFA and then complain when they act independently.

I really need to know the truth about these alleged resignations. IF there have been resignations i would love to know who they are. It could be resignations because certain officials are disgusted at UEFA's spineless capitulation to a super wealthy club owner's threats.... OR it could be that a certain Mr Parry (and possibly a certain Mr Gill) has been presented with the gun on the table and told to do the honourable thing for landing UEFA on the very painful horns of a dilemma, the only exit from which is a full apology to City. This is the theory I outlined to PB in an earlier post - what are the chances PB?
It'll be interesting to see if anyone of any consequence does resign and if so who. Hopefully it's that Belgian gobshite Leterme closely followed by Gill & Parry. Everyone in the business knows that Tariq Panja was close to Gill and it's also not hard to work out who the Liverpool mouthpieces are.

Confidentiality was clearly breached during all this, to our detriment. If my theory that there's been a settlement hammered out is correct maybe our price includes P45's for some of those who can't keep their big mouths shut.

Using pre season tour games as a guide one can't help notice if it's the rags or the dippers playing in the US, Asia or Australia the stadiums are dominated with rag and dipper shirts.
We're just not at that level of global support.....yet.
I wouldn't want to be at that level of support if I'm honest, 659m glory hunters?
No thanks.

A resignation doesn't help us. A resignation is usually from a matter of principle, so those who are corrupted can simply sell it as such, disgusted with the process of City avoiding major sanction.

A resignation also doesn't need to be held off for a month, as I can't see City agreeing to let Uefa dress it up as a resignation, rather than a raft of sackings.

Either way, it serves City no purpose, as the mud still sticks with resignations, rather than public sackings.

I think Castles is just trying to wring the dregs of a story which passed him by these last 24 hours.

I agree it doesn't help us but I don't think UEFA can clear us without huge fallout in the sense of the "hawks" taking their bats home. After all, it's that threat which landed UEFA in this mess to start off with.

It'll be interesting to see if anyone of any consequence does resign and if so who. Hopefully it's that Belgian gobshite Leterme closely followed by Gill & Parry. Everyone in the business knows that Tariq Panja was close to Gill and it's also not hard to work out who the Liverpool mouthpieces are.

Confidentiality was clearly breached during all this, to our detriment. If my theory that there's been a settlement hammered out is correct maybe our price includes P45's for some of those who can't keep their big mouths shut.

I have felt that City would demand the sacking of a clique of hostiles as part of a settlement. I don't think we would mind it being dressed up as resignations but I don't think we'll wear it being dressed as an act of principle. Spending more time with their family or the cabbage patch they're devoted to (not the one at Anfield!) would do - but their careers in football are at an end. And we want exonerating completely.

I hope I'm not just getting carried away with my sweet dreams!

I agree it doesn't help us but I don't think UEFA can clear us without huge fallout in the sense of the "hawks" taking their bats home. After all, it's that threat which landed UEFA in this mess to start off with.
If the hawks do resign, it helps us and everybody else, in that issues are more likely to be dealt with on their merits, rather than on the grounds of hatred, jealousy, and who has the biggest balls
Incidently, I read somewhere that ppl in spanish football are fed up withTeabag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.