UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
F9491-A59-133-B-4-D21-B686-687-ED4-B37121.png
Thanks for that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48546882

I see the Beeb have us hung drawn and quartered as usual. Biggest bunch of wankers in the UK the BBC.... utter disgrace for a National Broadcaster.
Uefa launched an investigation after German newspaper Der Spiegel published leaked documents alleging City had inflated the value of a multimillion-pound sponsorship deal, misleading European football's governing body.
Is that correct or is it another example of a journo making what he wants to out of it?

The language changed from most journos from "inflated sponsorship" to a charge of misleading UEFA(by not disclosing related income) just before UEFAs leaks started.

The two are not the same. Firstly I thought it was common knowledge City passed the fair market value test on what they were getting years ago... it's not as if they could bung extra income on the balance sheet, there wouldn't need to be an investigation to see that I'd have thought. Secondly Etihad are not a related party to begin with, that's where I thought the misleading charge comes in, if a related party has been paying Etihad(which City say is not the case) then that would break the rules but it's not "inflating the value" the amount that was paid is not the issue but where it came from.

Does anyone know how the fair market value is calculated? Does it have anything to do with what they think a sponsor can afford or is it all to do with what City are worth in the market?

Last edited:
Probably went to the right school and Cambridge... and his Daddy knows someone. That’s the usual recruitment policy at the BBC.

Not sure about that. Nowadays, they have a few redbrick graduates too. Thankfully, they have not stopped so low as to employ those who went to polys and ex-polys.

We have been told the committee was being lead by the ex-Belgian Prime Minister, (who has been known to come out with the odd porky in the past), but do we know the names of the other 'investigators' on that committee?

Pinkertons doesn't spring to mind!

Chairman and Chief Investigator
Yves Leterme (Belgium)

Members
Jacobo Beltrán (Spain)
Egon Franck (Germany)
Petros Mavroidis (Greece)
Damien Neven (Belgium)
Richard Parry (England) Former Liverpool CEO and Lifelong Liverpool fan
Konstantin Sonin (Russia)
Yves Wehrli (France)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.