UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is gloves off time after we see what CAS determines.
I think that the next road to go down is through the FIFA Ethics Committee who got rid of Platini,Blatter and Beckenbauer amongst many others...

The Telegraph yesterday found an 'expert' lawyer who claimed that as City had misled the players, the players could argue that (if the ban is not overturned) their contracts with City are null & void ... and so simply declare themselves free agents and join another club for free.

Clearly this would completely ruin the club we all love overnight, and can only assume / hope that this kind of thing is scaremongering / wishful thinking by our haters, of the highest degree ?

Got a City tattoo on my upper arm that I've had since 1981. Might have my arm chopped off.

irrefutable
/ɪˈrɛfjʊtəb(ə)l,ˌɪrɪˈfjuːtəb(ə)l/
adjective
  1. impossible to deny or disprove.
    "irrefutable evidence"

In May 2019 City issued the following statement.

Manchester City Football Club is disappointed, but regrettably not surprised, by the sudden announcement of the referral to be made by the CFCB IC Chief Investigator Yves Leterme.
    The leaks to media over the last week are indicative of the process that has been overseen by Mr. Leterme.

Manchester City is entirely confident of a positive outcome when the matter is considered by an independent judicial body.

The accusation of financial irregularities remains entirely false and the CFCB IC referral ignores a comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence provided by Manchester City FC to the Chamber.

The decision contains mistakes, misinterpretations and confusions fundamentally borne out of a basic lack of due process and there remain significant unresolved matters raised by Manchester City FC as part of what the Club has found to be a wholly unsatisfactory, curtailed, and hostile process.

Then 2 days ago in relation to the ban

Manchester City is disappointed but not surprised by today’s announcement by the UEFA Adjudicatory Chamber. The Club has always anticipated the ultimate need to seek out an independent body and process to impartially consider the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence in support of its position.
    In December 2018, the UEFA Chief Investigator publicly previewed the outcome and sanction he intended to be delivered to Manchester City, before any investigation had even begun. The subsequent flawed and consistently leaked UEFA process he oversaw has meant that there was little doubt in the result that he would deliver. The Club has formally complained to the UEFA Disciplinary body, a complaint which was validated by a CAS ruling.

Simply put, this is a case initiated by UEFA, prosecuted by UEFA and judged by UEFA. With this prejudicial process now over, the Club will pursue an impartial judgment as quickly as possible and will therefore, in the first instance, commence proceedings with the Court of Arbitration for Sport at the earliest opportunity.

It's not just that City will challenge the process with CAS but more so they will be given the chance to present their irrefutable evidence that they are entirely confident will result in a positive outcome.

I have every confidence that City will be exonerated and that there will be a bloodbath at UEFA as a result.
When you put these statements together they are incredible really. You rarely see language this strong in the early stages of legal battles. Lawyers are usually cautious in the early stages before any court battle. If City do not have a strong case then this could be a blunder on a huge scale. Certainly if we lose the appeal and any subsequent court case none of City's senior management team can possibly survive. It would damage their careers for the rest of their lives. The opposite is also true for EUFA's top team. It's a shame there are no cameras allowed. It will be better than the OJ Simpson criminal trial.

Because we are not arguing the process but that a case was re-opened based on redacted illegally hacked emails that in the full context show we did fuck all wrong.

However as tthe bear has been poked we will also bring FFP down as a side issue

Below is the second paragraph from the club statement on Friday.

In December 2018, the UEFA Chief Investigator publicly previewed the outcome and sanction he intended to be delivered to Manchester City, before any investigation had even begun. The subsequent flawed and consistently leaked UEFA process he oversaw has meant that there was little doubt in the result that he would deliver. The Club has formally complained to the UEFA Disciplinary body, a complaint which was validated by a CAS ruling.

The more I’ve read the more I’m confident in this. If Khaldoon gets his balls on the table twice and says we have irrefutable evidence then that’s good enough for me. No doubt he’s had lawyers looking at this for months so he must be supremely confident. That’s good enough for me.

Marv that is the 64k$ question that I and loads of posters seem to be struggling with.
If it's the process then it is indeed worrying because CAS could agree the process was flawed but come to the conclusion that we still violated FFP.
And if it is on the more subjective issue of process how can Khaldoon and our lawyers be so confident of a successful outcome?
I would say it is possible to have "irrefutable evidence" and still question the "process" with CAS.

An example would be something like this:

Following football leaks, City were asked for emails trails relating to emails leaked in Der Speigel.
City did not provide them because city did not have to as Der speigel emails were hacked. Instead, city provided "irrefutable evidence" in the form of "financial statements and detailed back up" i.e. 200 pages of evidence.
Uefa ignored the evidence provided as they had already corroborated it in 2014, could also be due to lack of time left in passing the judgement (5 year deadline). And concluded that city failed to cooperate in the investigation process by refusing to provide the communications related to der speigel leaked emails.
City go to CAS saying "due process" was not followed. And that "city have irrefutable evidence".

Will City's appeal to CAS be based on a flawed investigation process that we believe was prejudiced, or can we go into interpretations about the meaning of certain pieces of evidence?

i believe it is the former and this is a bit disappointing and limiting because most of UEFA's case (that we breached their rules) seems flawed to me and based on interpretations of related parties, and the government of Abu Dhabi.
Good question, I wonder too. Also can City appeal about the severity of the punishment too. It seems excessive and vindictive and designed to cause gross damage. On the face of it, misleading funding or valuation of sponsorship hardly seems like a serious crime. Illegal activities such as racism result in fines of typically 50k only.

From an objective and neutral perspective FFP is supposed to protect not destroy clubs.

How do you?

I think the defenders of the club on here have explained enough since friday why they find the charges bollocks

The same people who said UEFA would be eating humble pie and no charges would be brought against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.