UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they have Ric, but I'm not sure in this case their is a middle ground they can go to, and I'm firmly of the belief that UEFA have no actual proof of where the money Etihad gave us came from, and neither UEFA or CAS have any legal grounds to ask them.

If CAS don't believe our story, we're guilty, if they have no proof either way we're not guilty.

I have to say at this point, I'm long past caring, the damage to our club is done, and even complete exoneration from CAS will not clear us fully in the eyes of many.

If we are put out of europe for 2 years, I think there will be a shit storm for quite a few others, and we'll have a lot to do with it. Two years from now football is going to be a very different world for many of the elite imho, and I fancy we'll be least affected in the long run.
The technicality would seem to be we win on things like UEFA were reviewing matters they had no legal jurisdiction to review- for instance related to the already resolved settlement agreement- rather than technicalities of accounting practices or stuff much deeper into the argument.

If that proved to be the case, from what’s been written about, both here and elsewhere, then we’d win as the rest of the case would collapse.

I don’t know, from that point, whether CAS would bother analysing the other stuff related to this case or whether it would just automatically become irrelevant and effectively inadmissible.

If it is was my job, and I could find an easy way to sign off early and deliver what I technically needed to, then I wouldn’t be bothering effectively passing judgement on every matter/ doing everything that was required, when I could just dismiss this at the first hurdle and have a nice relaxing few days on expenses. That approach might lead to, for some, an unresolved did they or didn’t they outcome. I can handle that!

What I come back to though is that UEFA did have serious legal people look at this case and come to a hefty guilty verdict. We don’t know why that was, because it’s never been disclosed, but that decision was brought about by a bunch of well qualified and significantly experienced legal professionals. Therefore, we have to hope the bravado we’ve shown thus far walks the walk at CAS and we win. How resounding the win becomes might matter to some, but for me I’d happily take this just going away and we can focus on football again, at least until the next round of needing to brush up on legal, financial, political and other generally associated non-footballing matters becomes a necessity again (no doubt in about a week after the verdict!)

It mentions the narrative, the narrative a stream of gloryhunting non-Manc non-scouse rag and dipper supporting non-impartial hacks pushed and pushed until it became a torrent, hacks whose media outlets gain commercially and financially from aiding and abetting the big/sky/super Sunday 6 and whose headlines when they aren’t having a dig at us (see headline number2 in the mail, Martinez giving his thoughts on Kev’s future should we receive the ban) also remain fully committed to their coverage of anyone but City.
Most days they throw in snippets about Watford, Brighton, West Ham, the Championship, Real Madrid, Barca, Athletico , PSG, Bayern, they love Dortmund because of the Sancho/City pushed him out bullshit they constantly push. They fed the football world this narrative from day one with the Hughes British good for English footy /Mancini foreign bad angle, before that Hughes was just another journeyman like BFS, Arry the envelope, Pardew etc.
No mention in any media outlet of who set the narrative and fed it to the football fans around the world, or mention of the clubs that help push it or the influential people associated within the corridors of power with vested interests.
No wonder we look crazy and bitter when we fight our corner.

Last edited:
First time poster. Season ticket holder and long time reader.

We are in very very very good hands for this appeal. Obviously the stakes are high, but we have the best possible representation and that puts us in a great position. We effectively have the legal equivalent of a Vincent Kompany and Sergio Aguero combination to take on UEFA, and I hope we take it to them with gusto!

I have published an article expanding on this in more detail if anyone is interested -

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/manchester-city-fc-vs-uefa-most-important-case-millennium-joshua-levy
Enjoyed that - looking forward to the next installment

First time poster. Season ticket holder and long time reader.

We are in very very very good hands for this appeal. Obviously the stakes are high, but we have the best possible representation and that puts us in a great position. We effectively have the legal equivalent of a Vincent Kompany and Sergio Aguero combination to take on UEFA, and I hope we take it to them with gusto!

I have published an article expanding on this in more detail if anyone is interested -

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/manchester-city-fc-vs-uefa-most-important-case-millennium-joshua-levy

Nicely written, I enjoyed reading it, cheers.

I don't see how that option is an option with CAS, we're either confirmed guilty, ban, or not guilty, no ban, I can't see how there is a middle ground.
If this was a Court of Law I would agree entirely but CAS surely by its existence wants to arbitrate.
Would our refusal to accept any form of punishment for a probable other trivial offence be seen as a slap in the face to the CAS existence?
We may have bent existing rules like smart accountants bypassing tax regulations but HMCE simply tighten up their regs to cover their loophole and take those who obviously break rules to a normal Court for a normal judgement not to be arbitrated.

What I found interesting in the Marcotti article was his observation of the animosity felt by fans of other clubs regarding the matter and our obvious wholesale guilt, before proceedings of course.
He never indicates what brings that animosity about or points the finger at those responsible, mainly the shitehawk media in this country by their rank biased reporting of the whole thing.

Decent article though with nothing more than we ask. Fair unbiased commentary.

I read the article, in the last paragraph he touches on what would happen if City were unquestionable found innocent and whT questions that would raise against UEFA in targeting City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.