UEFA FFP investigation - CAS hearing concludes - decision expected in July

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

?

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

1. Two-year ban upheld

138 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. Ban reduced to one year

390 vote(s)
    33.5%
  3. Ban overturned and City exonerated

569 vote(s)
    48.8%
  4. Other

68 vote(s)
    5.8%
  1. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

Lets say we have had plenty of time to plan for the worst outcome but expect the best.

Our owner expected a rough ride when he bought City but invested anyway.
    Nothing stopped his BP but now his total investment and projected profits are threatened the gloves are definitely off and UEFA may regret winning at CAS almost as much as losing.

2. dadnlad

dadnlad

my take not only calling city cheats and cooking books but some world renowned accountancy firm reputation is at stake for signing accounts off not just city's but all the sponsor companies involved

big call

cheekybids likes this.
  3. lancs blue

lancs blue

The club's initial appeal to CAS was rejected on a purely technical point that not all internal decision making by UEFA had been completed. If you read the detailed CAS report they were critical of aspects of UEFA's conduct and they did emphasise that they were not making judgments on the validity of City's overall case.

cheekybids and oakiecokie like this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. bluemanchester

bluemanchester

I thought I read somewhere that the bit about City not cooperating was they refused to give UEFA the transcript of the emails, which City were entitled to do.

5. Fordyboy46

Fordyboy46

Best we can hope for is a one year ban, there's too much pressure from certain individuals not to punish us. If we did get off though Uefa are fucked and finished in that order.

RNBlue likes this.
  6. goatersnipple

goatersnipple

Team supported:
    Don't be daft
    Some clown from UEFA was interviewed in muen.
    Ask if it could be settled out of court ...
    Didnt want to answer.
    Is there a possibility of this.
    And as far as I can make out he shitting it.
    He knows we have to much dirt on them.

7. KS55

KS55

That would be a key point, if true. Does anybody know if the requirement to cooperate means we have to hand over whatever they ask for, or are there limits to their discovery powers?

8. KS55

KS55

The pressure to 'convict' is on UEFA, not CAS.
    CAS will adjudicate on the argument between City and UEFA, not on the warring factions within UEFA.
    Will be interesting to see whether we major on the G clubs hold over UEFA or not, i.e. some clubs are more equal than others, and the subsequent bias of the control body.

Last edited: 20 May 2020
    oakiecokie likes this.
  9. nmc

nmc

I think this can now only be settled out of court if UEFA drop all the charges. Even then I’m not sure that works for us - I think we want the CAS to overturn the case rather push it under the carpet - City need to prove their innocence and can’t accept some dirty deal or well crafted agreement. I think UEFA have from day one wanted this to be settled and go away but City won’t play ball (excuse the pun) and this really does need to play out in court. Ultimately the balance of power between City, the G14 and UEFA has to change.

prestonibbo_mcfc, cheekybids and KS55 like this.
  10. nmc

nmc

Don’t forget two other very major parties have invested in us since then - I think if we were guilty of the sort of cheap financial doping alleged by Der Spiegel and Rob Harris that the due diligence of SilverLake or the Chinese Government might just have picked it up... not withstanding our own auditors or those at Etihad.

dadnlad, Easy and KS55 like this.