UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets say we have had plenty of time to plan for the worst outcome but expect the best.

Our owner expected a rough ride when he bought City but invested anyway.
Nothing stopped his BP but now his total investment and projected profits are threatened the gloves are definitely off and UEFA may regret winning at CAS almost as much as losing.

my take not only calling city cheats and cooking books but some world renowned accountancy firm reputation is at stake for signing accounts off not just city's but all the sponsor companies involved

big call

Not disagreeing but what makes you think that, and how would it be considered different to the panel that has already judged on us?

Not trying to trip you up here as I more interested than trying to challenge a point.
The club's initial appeal to CAS was rejected on a purely technical point that not all internal decision making by UEFA had been completed. If you read the detailed CAS report they were critical of aspects of UEFA's conduct and they did emphasise that they were not making judgments on the validity of City's overall case.

The law is as you suggest always hard to predict however, this case would seem to rest on 3 points. 1) Did UEFA follow its own procedures in the hearing and judgement of our case - that doesn’t on the face of it look good for UEFA if they didn’t read our dossier of evidence - of course they are saying we didn’t cooperate but if we provided the dossier (which I think we did) the onus is on them to read it. 2). The Der Spiegel Email’s need to be explained - are they accurate, do they provide evidence of wrongdoing or can the context of the emails be changed so that they can be explained in such a way that does not imply that we funded our own sponsorship - I think much rests on Etihad’s funding which I don’t believe for a second came from our owner ( I think in cases like this a UEFA will have to prove it did rather than us or Etihad prove it didn’t). 3). We need to provide evidence of our sponsorships - amounts agreed in the contracts versus amounts received and prove on the balance of probabilities that none of the money came from our owner. This will be a black and white case. If we win we get no ban, no sanction and we are free to rip UEFA and the media a new one. Lose and we are in deep shit and our owners credibility is blown so the stakes couldn’t be higher. Looking at the two parties in question - despite having my blue tinted specs welded on I know who I’d back and I have every confidence that we will be cleared and that WW3 will break out in summer 2020 - with numerous UEFA officials being thrown under buses, taxis and any other mode of transport.
I thought I read somewhere that the bit about City not cooperating was they refused to give UEFA the transcript of the emails, which City were entitled to do.

Best we can hope for is a one year ban, there's too much pressure from certain individuals not to punish us. If we did get off though Uefa are fucked and finished in that order.

Some clown from UEFA was interviewed in muen.
Ask if it could be settled out of court ...
Didnt want to answer.
Is there a possibility of this.
And as far as I can make out he shitting it.
He knows we have to much dirt on them.

I thought I read somewhere that the bit about City not cooperating was they refused to give UEFA the transcript of the emails, which City were entitled to do.
That would be a key point, if true. Does anybody know if the requirement to cooperate means we have to hand over whatever they ask for, or are there limits to their discovery powers?

Best we can hope for is a one year ban, there's too much pressure from certain individuals not to punish us. If we did get off though Uefa are fucked and finished in that order.
The pressure to 'convict' is on UEFA, not CAS.
CAS will adjudicate on the argument between City and UEFA, not on the warring factions within UEFA.
Will be interesting to see whether we major on the G clubs hold over UEFA or not, i.e. some clubs are more equal than others, and the subsequent bias of the control body.

Last edited:
Some clown from UEFA was interviewed in muen.
Ask if it could be settled out of court ...
Didnt want to answer.
Is there a possibility of this.
And as far as I can make out he shitting it.
He knows we have to much dirt on them.

I think this can now only be settled out of court if UEFA drop all the charges. Even then I’m not sure that works for us - I think we want the CAS to overturn the case rather push it under the carpet - City need to prove their innocence and can’t accept some dirty deal or well crafted agreement. I think UEFA have from day one wanted this to be settled and go away but City won’t play ball (excuse the pun) and this really does need to play out in court. Ultimately the balance of power between City, the G14 and UEFA has to change.

Lets say we have had plenty of time to plan for the worst outcome but expect the best.

Our owner expected a rough ride when he bought City but invested anyway.
Nothing stopped his BP but now his total investment and projected profits are threatened the gloves are definitely off and UEFA may regret winning at CAS almost as much as losing.

Don’t forget two other very major parties have invested in us since then - I think if we were guilty of the sort of cheap financial doping alleged by Der Spiegel and Rob Harris that the due diligence of SilverLake or the Chinese Government might just have picked it up... not withstanding our own auditors or those at Etihad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.