UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But will be reopened in six years

I think in six years City will have done what Michael Corleone did in the first Godfather movie: the elimination of all its enemies. There’s a reckoning coming but they’ve fucked with the wrong people: the Sheikh and his associates are trillionaires and in a world where money talks, he’s going to take them to the “cleaners”.

What you on about they accusing us of breaking Uefa rules we told them we haven’t.

I think that's probably right. The claim seems mainly that we worked round them - the loophole mentioned above - which seems harder to do anything about.

My point was "as long as we haven't lied to them" - that would knock down any defence.

Why is it against the rules of UEFA for a person to buy a company (football club) that isnt doing very well, than invest in the company and after 10 years turn that struggling company into a very successful profit making company. I would have thought having a successful company would be good for the imagine if UEFA, and it could encourage other people to buy struggling clubs and try to repeat the success. It can only be good to have well run successful clubs both on and of the field.

Just on a layman's term wont UEFA be breaking the European law by perverting someone from investing in his company ?. That would imply that UEFA is a closed shop and against free and fair trade.

Cartel: an association of manufacturers or suppliers [or the G14/16] with the purpose of maintaining prices [or profits, trophies etc] at a high level and restricting competition [Manchester City Football Club].

Cartel: an association of manufacturers or suppliers [or the G14/16] with the purpose of maintaining prices [or profits, trophies etc] at a high level and restricting competition [Manchester City Football Club].

Yea I get that but it's that against the European free trade ?....seems bizarre that somehow thats allowed just because its football

I don't normally do conspiracy theories, but anyway what the heck...

What for a minute the end game here was a preempted plan to discredit uefa and wrestle control of european football, its setup and more importantly its rights and revenue making ability

Now we all know that this ongoing case is being pushed by certain organisations to make uefa punish us, which puts uefa in a very hard place. Do they succumb to the cartel and act, risking a lengthy possibly huge financial backlash from us.......

....or do they go against the cartel which would cause a huge outcry from those clubs which could run the risk of the cartel saying that uefa are unfit to run european football

Whatever is going on i just hope we are ready for the war that will follow and we expose whatever clubs and their representatives are involved

You’re on to something. It’s no secret that the G14 or 16 want some sort of European super league nominally run by UEFA. From what I read once, MCFC, along with Chelsea, were not invited to the “party”. As a result, CFG have decided to back FIFA’s world club competition.

In essence, there’s a hell of a lot of politics in football that is not reported by the mainstream media but in the end, it will come down to money and then power: one thing the Sheikh - a trillionaire - and his associates are not short of by any stretch of the imagination.

Yea I get that but it's that against the European free trade ?....seems bizarre that somehow thats allowed just because its football

Cartels and monopolies are implicit. In tandem with organisations with a vested interest and a compliant media: it will never be explicit.

Well its either united or liverpool. The question is which one was daft enough to do it.

I prtsonally hope we have evidence on both the fuckers. United are nearly done, they are languishing and sinking fast

Liverpool on the other hand have seen an upturn and we all know how they operate...i actually hope that this has their mucky thieving fingerprints all over it and the supposed hard evidence you mentioned has them included

If I was a betting man I’d put my money on Livarpool. From the outside, it seems to me that the Glazers don’t particularly care about winning: it’s just business. John W. Henry is a sports owner who wants to enrich himself but he also wants to win in the process.

There’s a scene at the end of the film “Moneyball” - I highly recommend it by the way - that can enlighten you to his mindset. What’s more enlightening is the reports coming out of the USA in respect to his baseball franchise; doping, stealing of signs and illegality.

It's certainly been suggested that the Big Red Button on FFP is real court (i.e. not CAS) which would find it against European law.

No-one has tested it though, and there would be vast amounts of pressure put on any club who thought to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.