UEFA Nations League Finals | 19:45 - Final - Portugal vs Netherlands (Page 164)

So lets get this correct.He tried to play his way out of trouble,not once but twice.The first time just before half time he got lucky and was pulled out of the shit by a team mate.As if he didn`t learn he tried the same tactic again and made to pay for it.
How was that NOT the fault of Stones ?
We`ve seen it so often at City and maybe its a wake up call as to why he his no longer one of the recognised top two centre halfs at City.
Perhaps Pep hasn`t got a clue also.
Tiny tears don`t get so upset as to how I respond.Please just put me on your blocked list if I concern you so much.

What have we seen so often?

As I mentioned earlier, in the league he was dispossessed all of three times this season; he has the best pass completion stats in the league, his stats show zero unsuccessful touches per game.

Laporte was dispossessed even less in the league and then look what he did in the UCL vs a domestic rival. Shit does happen to top players. Stones takes risks sometimes and he took one last night that was unnecessary and he needs to learn from - he should never stop learning and should be able to improve his judgement throughout his career. England nearly won the game through a move he started by being bold at the back; not his fault Lingard was a fraction offside.

Reactions: SVP
What have we seen so often?

As I mentioned earlier, in the league he was dispossessed all of three times this season; he has the best pass completion stats in the league, his stats show zero unsuccessful touches per game.

Laporte was dispossessed even less in the league and then look what he did in the UCL vs a domestic rival. Shit does happen to top players. Stones takes risks sometimes and he took one last night that was unnecessary and he needs to learn from - he should never stop learning and should be able to improve his judgement throughout his career. England nearly won the game through a move he started by being bold at the back; not his fault Lingard was a fraction offside.

This...

The cock up last night for the 2nd goal was as much down to Pickford (who appears to be absolutely hyped most of the time - just like Joe), as Stones. Hence the look on Stones face after the goals gone in as if to say wtf?

There's no drama there if he's in a City shirt, simple pass back to Eddy who probably juggles the ball on the line for a few seconds before pinging it 60 yards onto Sergio's toe.

Likewise with the 3rd goal, ok he pings it at Barkley but he's used to playing with players that can control the fucking ball ffs...

Personally I'd be delighted if the media hype Gomez into the England setup along with all the other Dipper 'greats'... I'd shed no tears if none of our players wasted their energy on the Ingerland setup...

Grow up. No player is immune from having an analysis of their performance. Especially someone like Stones who hasn't developed anywhere near enough. He still makes far too many mistakes.
He has brely played and you expect him to be match fit? then add in the donkeys he plays with in an england shirt,i think it's you that needs to get a grip

What boils my piss isn't a player that makes a mistake, every single one will till the day they retire. Its the fuckin pundits who sneer and degrade them. Last night when John fucked up you had ratboy condemning him. I was shouting at the TV "the fuckin goat you arse wipe, the fuckin goat".

What boils my piss isn't a player that makes a mistake, every single one will till the day they retire. Its the fuckin pundits who sneer and degrade them. Last night when John fucked up you had ratboy condemning him. I was shouting at the TV "the fuckin goat you arse wipe, the fuckin goat".

Yes, I noticed Ratboy doing that 'Ooooohhh' noise every time Stones was on the ball... fucking annoying. Stones has 100x the talent that Ratboy had when he played. Ratboy was a limited player playing in a dominant side during a period when the demands on defenders were much simpler.

Yes, I noticed Ratboy doing that 'Ooooohhh' noise every time Stones was on the ball... fucking annoying. Stones has 100x the talent that Ratboy had when he played. Ratboy was a limited player playing in a dominant side during a period when the demands on defenders were much simpler.
ESPN commentator (not Twellman, but his name escapes me) couldn’t wait to point out when Stones made a mistake, and harped on them repeatedly toward the end.

Almost nothing was said about the abysmal performances of Maguire and Chilwell that could have easily seen us down 2-0 in the first half alone.

He’s a quality player and we’re lucky to have him.
He’s a pretty easy target due to the fact he’s not old school and takes more risks than most. Those same risks are one of the reasons we can play the game we do.
You’ll find most people who slag him off are doing so because they have their own interpretation of what a CB should do and Stones doesn’t fit their view.
They are mainly dinosaurs who harp back to a good old fashioned 4-4-2 with a couple of lumps in the back four and a big man up front.
It’s hard to take them seriously tbh.

This...

The cock up last night for the 2nd goal was as much down to Pickford (who appears to be absolutely hyped most of the time - just like Joe), as Stones. Hence the look on Stones face after the goals gone in as if to say wtf?

There's no drama there if he's in a City shirt, simple pass back to Eddy who probably juggles the ball on the line for a few seconds before pinging it 60 yards onto Sergio's toe.

Likewise with the 3rd goal, ok he pings it at Barkley but he's used to playing with players that can control the fucking ball ffs...

Personally I'd be delighted if the media hype Gomez into the England setup along with all the other Dipper 'greats'... I'd shed no tears if none of our players wasted their energy on the Ingerland setup...

Maybe I'm getting paranoid but it feels like there's a huge desire to scapegoat our England players at any opportunity.

I actually want England to do well but a big part of me would have all our players retire from international football.

He’s a quality player and we’re lucky to have him.
He’s a pretty easy target due to the fact he’s not old school and takes more risks than most. Those same risks are one of the reasons we can play the game we do.
You’ll find most people who slag him off are doing so because they have their own interpretation of what a CB should do and Stones doesn’t fit their view.
They are mainly dinosaurs who harp back to a good old fashioned 4-4-2 with a couple of lumps in the back four and a big man up front.
It’s hard to take them seriously tbh.

I agree, although he got himself in a right pickle, last night. But why people use times like this
to come out with the rubbish, he's been shite all season, I don't know and certainly don't
agree with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.