UEFA Super Cup - Seville (N) | Wed 16th Aug - 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread (pg112)

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the season getting underway, we’re still in pre-season really. The lads need games in their legs.

Despite some City fans having a weird belittling outlook about the three minor trophies in this sport, teams take take this game seriously. The minor trophies are not friendlies, they’re not meaningless, they’re just the three minor trophies of the sport.

Guardiola’s never lost one of these, his team selections have been full-strength in every one he’s been in:

View attachment 89887
View attachment 89888
View attachment 89889

Pep’s going to go full strength for this one n’all.

I don’t know where this belittling of the minor trophies comes from with our fanbase. Maybe it’s a leftover bitterness from a time when we never played in them and our rivals did so we thought we could cling onto something that them winning stuff wasn’t a good achievement just because they aren’t the four major trophies.

Really though, players need to be playing football to get themselves 100% match fit. At a time where we’ve had possibly the shortest pre-season ever, this game is a bit of a bonus in achieving that.

I’d even argue that if we weren’t playing in this, I’d have wanted another friendly to be organised for next mid-week like we have with Barcelona and Girona in recent years when the season had already got underway and we had short pre-seasons.

While it’s not one of the four majors, if we manage to win this we should all be immensely proud of the achievement.

Of course, that it's very important game. 1 trophy lost this season, time to win this one. City plays in 7 competitions this season, 0/1 for now, let's hope it will be 1/2 after UEFA Super Cup.

Ederson
Walker Stones Dias Gvaridol
Rodri
Bernardo Foden
Palmer Haaland Grealish

Rodri?
We should care less about this game.
Phillips has to play not only for resting Rodri but also for letting Phllips to play to find at last some rhythm and start being a player we can count.

I would rest Walker, Rodri, Silva in this game.

For me this game ist way more important than the Community Shield. I would start the best team possible because after Newcastle we have a week off.

For Sevilla i can imagine it`s an early season highlight & they will be motivated/agressiv. Yesterday they lost their first LaLiga game.

Seville lost at home to Valencia 1-2 on Friday night.
Not tempting fate, but Seville really are beatable.
They've had a poor pre-season and struggle to score goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.