UEFA Super Cup - Seville (N) | Wed 16th Aug - 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread (pg112)

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather take my chances in Cheetham Hill?

Northern Quarter is rough as fuck and has been for years now.

No it’s fine nowadays mate, especially on match days, always gets taken over by blues, especially the pubs near the Picadilly side. Printworks and Deansgate locks are the only dodgy places to go at night.

Ffs lads. This is an invented farce. We thrashed Seville home and away. As a result they were relegated to the Thursday night cup which they just about won.
Stop giving money to the corrupt monkeys aka Uefa.
I'm not going and I won't be watching on the tele either.

#fuckem

I feel the same about the Club World Cup, which is just giving money and approval to the at least as corrupt FIFA. Won't be watching it.
Each to his own, though.

Has anyone any experience of getting from Stansted to the North West / North East on public transport without going through London?

Got to be back in work by Friday and Jet2 via Stansted on Thursday is the cheapest option.

A direct train from Stansted to Birmingham takes over 3 hours and cost more than Stansted to Manchester via London which takes 3hours 45min. Via London is quicker and cheaper.

Saying Athens is ' as rough as fuck' makes me think some people have more family in Istanbul than Athens. Every City has its rough areas. On a night out would you go to Cheetham Hill, or the Northern Quarter?
I've been flying into Athens for 40 years and it's great. I flew in 2 days ago. The only problem is price and timing, which you all know now.
Now, if you want to get pissed and watch the game, stay in Manchester and go to the Waldorf and send me what you've saved.
The guys who are adding it onto a short or long break are the lucky ones.
Myself and mrs Jules always used to go in the waldorf pre game for a couple, do they still serve Timothy Taylors Landlord ? twas a great pint, good pub too. ( I havnt been for 11 years now)

Has anyone any experience of getting from Stansted to the North West / North East on public transport without going through London?

Got to be back in work by Friday and Jet2 via Stansted on Thursday is the cheapest option.
I'd avoid the Stansted to Birmingham Cross Country train if I were you. It's 3 hours long, very often Delayed or Cancelled, and probably one of the most uncomfortable trains I've ever used.

Tbf, you can drink loads of it, without getting pissed or a headache!
I've just put my second one out!
It just made me unbelievably bloated and sleepy, and that was after about half a pint! I couldn't do any more than two pints in one go. There was a bar about two minutes walk from the Acropolis that served zombies, did the trick...

It just made me unbelievably bloated and sleepy, and that was after about half a pint! I couldn't do any more than two pints in one go. There was a bar about two minutes walk from the Acropolis that served zombies, did the trick...
Haha, that's the stuff. Played Sunday league with a greek lad back in the 70's. Taught him how to drink beer at the Princess opposite the stadium of wind and light.
He returned the favour and introduced me to raki, ouzo, Amstel and Fix. Anyone can Greek dance after that! He lives in Thiseo and we're still mates!

Saying Athens is ' as rough as fuck' makes me think some people have more family in Istanbul than Athens. Every City has its rough areas. On a night out would you go to Cheetham Hill, or the Northern Quarter?
I've been flying into Athens for 40 years and it's great. I flew in 2 days ago. The only problem is price and timing, which you all know now.
Now, if you want to get pissed and watch the game, stay in Manchester and go to the Waldorf and send me what you've saved.
The guys who are adding it onto a short or long break are the lucky ones.
Athens is a brilliant place. Definitely worth tagging on a couple of days before or after the game if you are lucky enough to be able to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.