UEFA Super Cup - Seville (N) | Wed 16th Aug - 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread (pg112)

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m in Zakynthos the week of the game, any idea how much a flight to Athens would cost?

£118 return. Leave Zante 2105 on 15th, leave Athens 0700 on 17th so would mean a night in Athens before the game and a long wait in the airport after the game. The flight from Zante on 16th gets you in too late to catch the game.

Use Google.

Why do people ask questions on City forums when Google has every answer to their questions they need.

That aside. Before booking a hotel or an apartment do some homework about it and the area that it's located in.

Whilst people asking the same question that has already been covered can be a bit tedious, you don't know what everyone's personal situation is. Especially older lads who aren't as quick with tech and perhaps have Bluemoon as their only online outlet. Whilst common sense is necessary, the world has moved at an astonishing rate the last 20 years. A lot of the lads asking these questions will have gone through the travel agent or teletext not too long ago.

I've put myself out there to answer any questions, so made a rod for my own back. Continue to PM or post in here, building my own travel packages is second nature to me as a hobby and Athens is a place I have plenty of inside knowledge. I'm happy to answer any queries that may help one or two other blues out.

Just spent 3 weeks island hopping around the Saronic Gulf which meant travelling through Athens. FWIW here is a little bit of info that may be of help to some of those considering going for the game against Sevilla.
Due to the time of our flight arrival into Athens (late evening) we decided to spend our 1st night in Piraeus.
Taxi from airport to Piraeus quoted at between €50-70. There is a bus that runs every 20 mins. It costs €5.50 (Airport to Piraeus). It does stop to pick up/drop off near the stadium.
We stayed in a decent hotel right next to the Port of Piraeus….Gallery Suites……and paid £62 for a standard double room. Very clean and staff were helpful. Port area is a bit rough but you can get a meal and a beer at a decent price.
If you fancy a night or two on one of the nearby islands……do it. Aegina and Agistri are the nearest. Conventional ferry takes 1hr 15 mins to get to Aegina and cost €7. Fast ferry takes about 35 mins but is more expensive.
Agistri is not much further on than Aegina.
We stayed at both islands and really enjoyed our time there.
We stayed at the Danae Hotel on Aegina. Very clean, nice pool, good breakfast and just a 10 minute stroll into the port where there are loads of bars and restaurants.
Agistri is a stunning small island. We stayed at the Scala Beach Hotel.
Hope this helps. If you need any more info…..just PM me.

Just spent 3 weeks island hopping around the Saronic Gulf which meant travelling through Athens. FWIW here is a little bit of info that may be of help to some of those considering going for the game against Sevilla.
Due to the time of our flight arrival into Athens (late evening) we decided to spend our 1st night in Piraeus.
Taxi from airport to Piraeus quoted at between €50-70. There is a bus that runs every 20 mins. It costs €5.50 (Airport to Piraeus). It does stop to pick up/drop off near the stadium.
We stayed in a decent hotel right next to the Port of Piraeus….Gallery Suites……and paid £62 for a standard double room. Very clean and staff were helpful. Port area is a bit rough but you can get a meal and a beer at a decent price.
If you fancy a night or two on one of the nearby islands……do it. Aegina and Agistri are the nearest. Conventional ferry takes 1hr 15 mins to get to Aegina and cost €7. Fast ferry takes about 35 mins but is more expensive.
Agistri is not much further on than Aegina.
We stayed at both islands and really enjoyed our time there.
We stayed at the Danae Hotel on Aegina. Very clean, nice pool, good breakfast and just a 10 minute stroll into the port where there are loads of bars and restaurants.
Agistri is a stunning small island. We stayed at the Scala Beach Hotel.
Hope this helps. If you need any more info…..just PM me.

Top advice and sounds like you had a great trip. Salamina is another nearby island to Piraeus, but I believe it's more suited to anyone hiring a car and going over on the car ferry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.