UEFA Super Cup - Seville (N) | Wed 16th Aug - 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread (pg112)

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like tedmark said we got the chumps league final five days before So likely to be later in the week.

The bit that gets me is this:

Hooliganism has marred Greek football in recent years and last year the government increased the maximum sentence for crimes of fan violence from six months to five years after another fatal stabbing.

So why the fuck did UEFA think it right that they should host the super cup!
96 arrests so far. 8 injured. A death. UEFA won't blink an eye.

"The previously communicated decision regarding no away supporters for both matches is maintained and all necessary measures shall be implemented." Plenty of home fans knocking around on the 15th watching their game.

The BBC normally lists the fixtures in terms of importance. They are taking the piss here.
Screenshot_20230808_161225_uk.co.bbc.android.sportdomestic.jpg

The bit that gets me is this:

Hooliganism has marred Greek football in recent years and last year the government increased the maximum sentence for crimes of fan violence from six months to five years after another fatal stabbing.

So why the fuck did UEFA think it right that they should host the super cup!
Hooliganism is at an all-time high right across mainland Europe.

If they were stopping countries hosting finals because of football violence at their domestic clubs, we’d have every final in England where football violence is arguably at an all-time low.

The Balkans, Eastern Europe, Italy, Germany, France, the smaller football nations like Hungary, Austria, Switzerland, it’s even bad in Scandinavia (especially Sweden), and while it’s not massive in Spain due to lack of travelling away fans, racism is rife there.

I'm going to this game, but I'm not sure how I feel about it. It barely registers as a trophy, in much the same way that the FIFA CWC often goes unnoticed. It probably ranks as more important than the Community Shield, but if someone were to count major honours, I wouldn't include three of the seven competitions we're competing in this season. The idea that Thomas Tuchel won three trophies with Chelsea is absurd. He won just one.

Hooliganism is at an all-time high right across mainland Europe.

If they were stopping countries hosting finals because of football violence at their domestic clubs, we’d have every final in England where football violence is arguably at an all-time low.

The Balkans, Eastern Europe, Italy, Germany, France, the smaller football nations like Hungary, Austria, Switzerland, it’s even bad in Scandinavia (especially Sweden), and while it’s not massive in Spain due to lack of travelling away fans, racism is rife there.
No it isn't.

Also the last men's European final that took place in England saw the worst hooliganism in the last 30 years, so that's another lie.

Will the final be free to view on tnt sports like BT used to to for the champions league finals ?

This and the world club championship are far more prestigious than the charity shield

Definitely should be classed as major honours and pretty sure every club would

No it isn't.

Also the last men's European final that took place in England saw the worst hooliganism in the last 30 years, so that's another lie.
Is your reply tongue in cheek? As I 100% agree with what PC has written, go on the right website’s and almost every night of the week it’s kicking off big time across Europe at European qualifying games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.