UEFA's plans for "summer footbal"

Let me make it clear I like the things as they are, I don't trust Platini at all and if I could work out why the need for the change other than the WC it would have to be something on the line of a European League. But leaving my negativity aside there are benefits to summer football

1) Weather
2) City square in a summer as opposed to winter would probably pack them in.
3) If the new developement at City include Hotels think of the tourists visiting in the summer rather than winter, if the area includes any sort of theme park, better during summer months than winter.
4) With proper consultation with other sports bodies it shouldn't be too difficult to arrange games so they don't class with Cricket or Rugby games in same area just need those fuckwits with the computer to do it right.
5) Less costs for the club through heating and lighting. No floodlit matches during May June and July because of light nights.
6) Kids off during summer holidays away for fortnight with parents rest of time could go to footie with parents.

The above is not a complete list and I am sure a lot of people on here could expand it. I do agree though that Platini has again issued a proposed change without thinking it through and I am in no doubt that the FA s all all the named European leagues will kill this stone dead. It isn't going to happen.

crizack said:
the 2022 world cup will be in the winter so theres gonna have to be a cgange sometime...id love the football to be in the summer. pissed up days in the sun rather than shitty rain.

Bloody fair weather fans ;)

would be good seeing some of the female fans and what they'd wear in the summer, i always try and get a hug off one of the ones near me when we score which im happy about but if it was summer i reckon it'd be even better.

tbh i'd love it, fuk the cricket wimbldon and the rest why watch city when its minus 7 in december when we could do the same match on a nice evening when ita 18 deg with some cool beers

BoyBlue_1985 said:
AlthamBlue said:
Would love this to happen. No more driving to matches in the snow. No more freezing my arse off at night matches. Bring it on.

A 5 week shorter season. That will effect the quality of football. As it was said though, no major footballing nations would agree to this, you think Spanish league is going to play in 40 degree heat, same as Portugal and southern France, its just insanity buy someone made insane by a sense of power

playing games in the evening may sort this out? cooler? we play world cups in warm weather so cant see that being a big problem.

does no-one remember the 'home' uefa cup game against eb/streymur at barnsley in july 2008? it pissed down & the cloud layer was so thick it got dark early & the floodlights had to be turned on for most, if not all, of the game. summer football? this is england we're talking about.

citygal1 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
A 5 week shorter season. That will effect the quality of football. As it was said though, no major footballing nations would agree to this, you think Spanish league is going to play in 40 degree heat, same as Portugal and southern France, its just insanity buy someone made insane by a sense of power

playing games in the evening may sort this out? cooler? we play world cups in warm weather so cant see that being a big problem.

Trust me it is a problem other wise no one would be talking about a winter WC in Qatar. Spain can be stupidly hot in the summer in certain places. Other places in Europe the same. Night games is a solution but once again a season shorter by 5 weeks is just stupid.

Not bothered anyway will never happen because the teams wont accept it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.