UEFA's plans for "summer footbal"

Anything that poisioned Twatini touches is tainted him and that bent b&stard Blatter is engineered for there own peronal gains end of.

Would love this to happen. No more driving to matches in the snow. No more freezing my arse off at night matches. Bring it on.

The only thing I am not sure of is does this apply to ALL football or just the prem leagues. I would assume it must be all professional football and conference sides otherwise how do you take into account promotion and relegation. Looking positively at this there are benefits especially weather wise but if it is done on "environmental" grounds just as our winters become more severe won't our summers become more mediteranean. I can see as much argument for not allowing players to play in 30 degrees of heat as for minus 15 temperatures. The only way I can see this happening is by a phased introduction maybe starting after Russia WC

Season 2014/15 commence in Oct - July
Season 2015/2016 December - September
Season 2016/2017 February - November
Season 2017/2018 March - October

Having just thought again about it this will disrupt footballl for 3 seasons. If you think about it you ar
Rammyblues said:
The only thing I am not sure of is does this apply to ALL football or just the prem leagues. I would assume it must be all professional football and conference sides otherwise how do you take into account promotion and relegation. Looking positively at this there are benefits especially weather wise but if it is done on "environmental" grounds just as our winters become more severe won't our summers become more mediteranean. I can see as much argument for not allowing players to play in 30 degrees of heat as for minus 15 temperatures. The only way I can see this happening is by a phased introduction maybe starting after Russia WC

Season 2014/15 commence in Oct - July
Season 2015/2016 December - September
Season 2016/2017 February - November
Season 2017/2018 March - October

Lets be honest about is all this disruption worth just so we can line Tw*tter and all his bent mates at FIFA pockets. I think not the whole thing is a complete and utter farce

Falastur said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
American Sports, It's what I watch when there's no Football.

Don't all the American sports run over the summer months too?

Besides, a lot of us find American sports to be mind-numbing (no offence to Americans themselves, of course)

Most American sports are fall/winter sports. Baseball runs over the summer months but no one really cares.

MLS here did a really smart thing in that they set their season to run from March-October so as not to directly compete with American football and most of Basketball season. It's allowed them to establish themselves much more concretely and get pushed much more heavily on American sports networks(ESPN) .

Weather wise it's much more enjoyable to go to the games, but wearing a team scarf when it's 100 degrees outside(37.7 Celsius) is a little ridiculous!

Mike D said:
Anything that poisioned Twatini touches is tainted him and that bent b&stard Blatter is engineered for there own peronal gains end of.
for once i agree with you

they knew before the fifa vote that it would be too hot in the summer and they had already started discussions regarding moving it to the winter

i wonder how much more they bunged twatini in order to get him to to agree to move the european season

he's an abomination to football

I'm not particularly concerned, and can't see it happening. Russia is going to change its League to be played at the same time as ours, in preparation for 2018 as they're League is currently a summer one, so any changes that take place will have to be after that time. Sounds like its just something they're discussing with Qatar 2022 in mind, trying to think of a way to fit it in the winter, because I have a strong feeling they've either already made up their mind, or are very close to deciding about hosting it then.

AlthamBlue said:
Would love this to happen. No more driving to matches in the snow. No more freezing my arse off at night matches. Bring it on.

A 5 week shorter season. That will effect the quality of football. As it was said though, no major footballing nations would agree to this, you think Spanish league is going to play in 40 degree heat, same as Portugal and southern France, its just insanity buy someone made insane by a sense of power

the 2022 world cup will be in the winter so theres gonna have to be a cgange sometime...id love the football to be in the summer. pissed up days in the sun rather than shitty rain.

NewbBlue said:
Never made sense to me why football was played in the winter months.

In the US we do it because baseball, an already established sport since the 1800's, ran during the spring to fall. American football plugged the gap.

Is cricket really that popular a spectator sport?

Nice thing about winter is that there's nothing much to do, so sports is important until summer when there are other things to do besides watch sports.

In a similar way cricket was already established, even St. Marks (City's original name) was originally a cricket team who in 1880 decided they needed to do something in winter as well. So it progressed in the same way. And although not as much of a spectator sport as football is now, cricket is still popular (and very traditional) and many play it. It is also more difficult to play in winter and so occupies summer months, whereas football is not as limited in the conditions in which it can be played (ie rain).

There are other summer sports which are popular, including the olympics and similar, tennis (especially wimbledon) and I personally dont see the need to interfere, and hence compete, with these other sports.

Hope i helped. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.