UK far right trouble July/August 24

It’s telling how many are reported. I’m sure she’s a ‘57 year old grandmother’. (Likely great, great grandmother!).
There was the bloke last week reported to have been a 60 something grandad locked up for saying something to the police. Turned out he was a convicted drug dealer who was out on licence, who’d been hurling racist insults at brown people and hurling bricks at the Police.

Not one of these fuckers has got anywhere near the 6 years the bridge sitters got. I await @Prestwich_Blue s detailed analysis of the convicteds criminal records to justify such lenient sentences for these racist twats...
I'll say what I say to anyone who comes up with some variant of the "Why have these cunts got x years when those cunts got y years?" question. It depends on many factors, including the nature of the offence they've been found guilty of, the sentencing guidelines for that offence, plus any aggravating or mitigating factors. Judges don't just come up with sentences off the tops of their heads.

The rioters haven't been charged with the same offence that the JSO ringleaders were so I'm not sure why you'd even think about comparing the two. But the maximum sentence in the JSO cases was 10 years I believe, so Hallam got half that, and he had a number of previous convictions plus was on bail for a previous offence.

Last edited:
I'll say what I say to anyone who comes up with some variant of the "Why have these cunts got x years when those cunts got y years?" question. It depends on many factors, including the nature of the offence they've been found guilty of, the sentencing guidelines for that offence, plus any aggravating or mitigating factors. Judges don't just come up with sentences off the tops of their heads.

The rioters haven't been charged with the same offence that the JSO ringleaders were so I'm not sure why you'd even think about comparing the two. But the maximum sentence in the JSO cases was 10 years I believe, so Hallam got half that, and he had a number of previous convictions plus was on bail for a previous offence.
Yes but there was nothing preventing any of these offenders being charged with the same new-ish statutory offenve of public nuisance. The limbs of the offence were plainly made out.

This is the single most important article I have read on the recent riots and the globally networked modern far-right.

This year I have read five books on the latter phenomenon, including three by the extraordinary academic Julia Ebner, who infiltrates these movements, both online and in person.

Paul Mason's piece describes the same disturbing landscape.

I would urge everyone who sees this post to read it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.