Umbro Kit deal 10years

JOGAMIGMOG said:
Prophet of Doom said:
FFS - the club sign a £50m deal and some people are upset.

The new kits are quality. We are the marquee signing for Umbro - and you will see City kits alongside England kits in retailers across the country / world.

you won't. I was told in the club shop the other day that the new kit is being sold exclusively in the new City Store and ONLY in the City Store. It's not for sale anywhere else.

Not sure who you spoke to at the club shop, but they are talking out of their arse. There may be an exclusive launch period for a couple of weeks, but after that you will be able to buy them from every sports store that stocks football kits worldwide

The biggest reason City left Le Coq is that their distribution network worldwide is terrible worldwide.

Do you seriously think any football club at any level would limit kit sales to one shop and one online store ???? that would be commercial suicide

Pleased! The class and quality of Englands new white shirt is fantastic, and it looks like (from the little snippets the OS showed the other day) our new kits are of the same ilk! Cant wait to buy all 3!

as for pleased about it being 10 years - i dunno, as long as they keep producing nice kits i'll be happy!

BTW does anyone know if these will be our kits for 2009-10 only and we will have ANOTHER new shirt the season after as well? Because if you look at the last 9 years we've had 8 new home kits, really i'd like to see home shirts last 2 seasons to get the most out of them you know what i mean!? in the 10 years with Umbro i'd like to see 5 new home shirts, not 10!

Im pleased as long as (just like San Diego) they stay classy.

Umbro have set the bar very high with this years offering, and we are going to get used to having quality kits. Keep it up Umbro!

Prophet of Doom said:
JOGAMIGMOG said:
Prophet of Doom said:
FFS - the club sign a £50m deal and some people are upset.

The new kits are quality. We are the marquee signing for Umbro - and you will see City kits alongside England kits in retailers across the country / world.

you won't. I was told in the club shop the other day that the new kit is being sold exclusively in the new City Store and ONLY in the City Store. It's not for sale anywhere else.

Not sure who you spoke to at the club shop, but they are talking out of their arse. There may be an exclusive launch period for a couple of weeks, but after that you will be able to buy them from every sports store that stocks football kits worldwide

The biggest reason City left Le Coq is that their distribution network worldwide is terrible worldwide.

Do you seriously think any football club at any level would limit kit sales to one shop and one online store ???? that would be commercial suicide

Must admit, I was a bit baffled by it too. Think the woman who told me may have been referring to the exclusive launch period. It'll be interesting to see how many we sell compared to recent other kits.

Does the club issue figures regarding shirt sales? You often hear that a particular shirt is a best-seller but as far as I know I've never actually seen any figures? Anyone?

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Really unhappy we are back with Umbro and for 10 years is even worse.
Disagree with this, the stuff they've churned out already is miles above the shite we've put up with for years.

Halfpenny said:
Really unhappy we are back with Umbro and for 10 years is even worse.
Disagree with this, the stuff they've churned out already is miles above the shite we've put up with for years.
You mean like the shite they churned out for us for years then?
Well I couldn't possibly comment because it was before my time, I started supporting City when we had Kappa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.