Unacceptable song

The Chief said:
Skashion said:
I'd hazard a guess most of the song police are quiet as mice.

Not necessarily. Is it not reasonable to say that songs that can be categorized as tasteless/vulgar are not to your liking? I like to think that City fans have more class than to descend to paedophile/Munich chants etc.

God help you lot in the 70's. You wouldn't have lasted ten seconds.

I'm outraged.

cheddar404 said:
East Manchester said:
cheddar404 said:
Good luck with that. We've sung about United when we're not playing them consistently since I've been going to City. I don't see why it would change now. If the song police got their way, we'd have about 3 songs left. It's a bit of a laugh really. I'm sure there must be a very small percentage that genuinely think that Moyes and Taggart are paedophiles but the rest are having a laugh with a silly chant. It's hardly Lennon and McCartney but so what.
So you had no problem with the chants in Moscow last week,just having a laugh ?

That's hardly the same is it?
Well one is about someone's colour ,totally unacceptable goes without saying ( I assume ,tbf dont really know what was chanted)

The other is suggesting someone is a sex offender,I would say even more offensive in the grand scheme,I know which one I would feel most offended by.

Both utterly childish and IMO only require totally ignoring,anyone who actually chants them are fucking morons IMO.

But there you go.

mancityvstoke said:
The Chief said:
Skashion said:

Not necessarily. Is it not reasonable to say that songs that can be categorized as tasteless/vulgar are not to your liking? I like to think that City fans have more class than to descend to paedophile/Munich chants etc.

I'm outraged.
Very ,very very different times ,just read the story about the morons from Charlton Ath who have received 18 month for singing songs relating to the Stephen Lawrence case ( not read the whole script)
Like you back in the ' good old days' I can remember the songs / chants about Harry Roberts ,who was a convicted police murderer.
The equivalent would singing songs praising Creagan ( the low life) at sats games v Norwich or Fulham.

mancityvstoke said:
The Chief said:
Skashion said:

I'm outraged.

But this isn't the 70's, time's moved on. I'm all for backing the team in every game, I just don't see the need to make inappropriate references to them when it's City we're there to support.

mancityvstoke said:
The Chief said:
Skashion said:

I'm outraged.

The point is we are NOT in the 70s any more, these days we know that racism, homophobia etc are not acceptable. I find that song offensive and tasteless but accept that there are some people around who find it amusing for some inexplicable reason. Probably the same people who feel that singing about the deaths of talented footballers, plus one of our own, Frank Swift, is amusing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.