Unacceptable song

ell said:
At least they were singing. Everyone else was happy to sit in silence

Actually we weren't, some people were trying to drown out the tasteless song. The singing in our end went on for most of the match.

I don't think there were any Newcastle supporters there from the lack of noise in their end, Maybe (if you were at the match) you were sitting with the Newcastle fans? ;-)

ell said:

Then you might as well just sing the Slade original and inject some irony to the atmosphere?

With a twist:
Cum on feel the noize,
we're the City boys,
we are loud and proud,
we are loud and proud.

(repeat)

Eccles Blue said:
ell said:

Actually we weren't, some people were trying to drown out the tasteless song. The singing in our end went on for most of the match.

I don't think there were any Newcastle supporters there from the lack of noise in their end, Maybe (if you were at the match) you were sitting with the Newcastle fans? ;-)

Nope I was in our end. The only people trying to get songs going were the young lads at the back "M an A an N. C an I T Y" lot. And a smaller pocket of lads to the front left of them.

The people towards the right were all sat down, I didnt hear a peep from them

ell said:
it was a wierd away game, i didnt think there would be as many children there especially at that time, which was a great effort by them! We were told to sit down by the people behind us

cheddar404 said:
Big-P said:
Sung it at the derby and got it going once or twice, heat of the moment stuff. Very sad singing it now though, shouldn't sing about united when there not playing us, there shit now and we shouldnt care about them apart from derby day.

Good luck with that. We've sung about United when we're not playing them consistently since I've been going to City. I don't see why it would change now. If the song police got their way, we'd have about 3 songs left. It's a bit of a laugh really. I'm sure there must be a very small percentage that genuinely think that Moyes and Taggart are paedophiles but the rest are having a laugh with a silly chant. It's hardly Lennon and McCartney but so what.

Yeah but its just abit sad, was at the trophy parade when we'd just won the league the day before and a proper inbred family next to me were singing having a party when fergie dies. Time and place and i have sung that aswell but some city fans do seem obsessed, just like most of the rags are obsessed with us. Get on with it, the odd one is alright at a game but all the time is just abit much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.