Unauthorised Wearing of Military Medals

Lancet Fluke

"Impostors who wear military medals they are not entitled to should be liable to criminal charges, MPs say..."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38055445

I see they are discussing a bill in the Commons today that would make it a criminal offence to wear military medals that you are not "authorised" to wear. Possible penalties being up to a 6 month prison sentence or a £5000 fine. Nice to see MPs are finally dealing with the issues that affect people's lives.

That's racism cured by FIFA and now crime by the government.

And people said 2016 was shit.

Wearing medals for fucks sake!!
No wonder we can't get the ball rolling on brexit. What's next week's order of business? Anyone who puts warm milk on their shredded wheat to get 50 lashes for being a big tart?

Wearing medals for fucks sake!!
No wonder we can't get the ball rolling on brexit. What's next week's order of business? Anyone who puts warm milk on their shredded wheat to get 50 lashes for being a big tart?
Hopefully sooner or later they will get around to thrashing kids for wearing an unauthorised 10m swimming badge. I don't want any of those little fuckers devaluing my achievements.

"Impostors who wear military medals they are not entitled to should be liable to criminal charges, MPs say..."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38055445

I see they are discussing a bill in the Commons today that would make it a criminal offence to wear military medals that you are not "authorised" to wear. Possible penalties being up to a 6 month prison sentence or a £5000 fine. Nice to see MPs are finally dealing with the issues that affect people's lives.

I believe the yanks call it "stolen valor" and youtube is full of clips of saddos wearing uniforms and pretending they are in the forces. They get quite upset about it over there.

I believe the yanks call it "stolen valor" and youtube is full of clips of saddos wearing uniforms and pretending they are in the forces. They get quite upset about it over there.
Clearly anyone who would wear medals and pretend they are a hero is, as you say, a saddo. It's a pathetic thing to do but for the Defence Committee to claim that there is a "tangible harm" created that is worthy of being a criminal offence is utter bullshit IMO. At the very least they need to look up the definition of the word "tangible" in a dictionary, arseholes.

Clearly anyone who would wear medals and pretend they are a hero is, as you say, a saddo. It's a pathetic thing to do but for the Defence Committee to claim that there is a "tangible harm" created that is worthy of being a criminal offence is utter bullshit IMO. At the very least they need to look up the definition of the word "tangible" in a dictionary, arseholes.

I agree, there are certainly more important things the government could be getting on with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.