Unauthorised Wearing of Military Medals

Walter Mitty types......the world,certainly this forum,would be a much duller place without their fabrications.

Can you explain why you aren't allowed to wear them, it's not something i've ever heard of before. Thanks.
The MOD didn't give permission, simple as that, something along the lines of 'the rules, written in the 1700's , clearly state that blah blah blah. The French one, you can't wear foreign issued medals with special permission of the Queen.

I believe the yanks call it "stolen valor" and youtube is full of clips of saddos wearing uniforms and pretending they are in the forces. They get quite upset about it over there.
The Yanks love their military and people wearing cammo fatigues get hefty discounts don't they?

"Impostors who wear military medals they are not entitled to should be liable to criminal charges, MPs say..."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38055445

I see they are discussing a bill in the Commons today that would make it a criminal offence to wear military medals that you are not "authorised" to wear. Possible penalties being up to a 6 month prison sentence or a £5000 fine. Nice to see MPs are finally dealing with the issues that affect people's lives.

It is only what I expect from our Right Dishonourable friends.

The Yanks love their military and people wearing cammo fatigues get hefty discounts don't they?

Free drinks in bars and restaurants and strangers coming up to them in the street to thank them for their service. They treat their servicemen like celebs. America is a strange place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.