Unbelievable!

bluecarlos61 said:
Jonny68 said:
I think your level of passion is definitely measured on how much you put into following your club. How can you be a "real" fan if you havn't bin to a game?? You can't appreciate the match day expierience like someone who goes home and away?? Surely you can't get the same buzz watching on a screen in your local or armchair as you do being there. I pity the plastic rags to be honest the ones from all over and even the ones here, they will never know the joys of following your team around the country, getting pissed up and just generally having a fucking mint time!! Surely if you feel passion for the cause then you are willing to put your time and money into it and be there when it all happens!! I`ve had some of the best days of my life following City and im sure especially now there will be many more. I don't entertain plastic rags or plastics of any club, i just can't be arsed with the bullshit if you love your club your there as much as possible, simple!!

Spot on!!

Agreed, in fact I would argue that blues travelling from as far as London every week are as loyal as those living in manchester. Think of the hours and money spent travelling, talk about mad for your team!!!! As for myself I live in Baton Rouge and I plan my yearly vacation back home around 2-3 games a year. ( I fit in some family time as well shhhh!! dont tell my mum) The fact is City is my only true love and that my sad life evolves purely around football but even I concede that i'm a "part time" City supporter and not worthy of some of the fans we have following our wonderful club.

For me...so interesting. Moved from Scotland to Cheshire in 1961. No
football history in my family. I was 9yrs old & my elder brother (11) told me to
choose City, cos he wanted 'them.'
Hated him as a tiny kid & still do, but it's the best and only thing I 'thank' him for.
1963 was my first proper season ...we were relegated, they won the Cup.
Alderley Edge Primary School (1962) was the place to be, as I saved a penalty in 'play-time' from Bill Furby (R.I.P.) ..and became no longer the 'New Boy.'
Bill & his pals were all scum ..a term I started using in the early '70s. BUT ..when they learned I was 'from' Scotland, they started supporting Rangers and /or Celtic ..to the extent of smacking kids who didn't !

I went on to a grammar school nearby after 11plus, when most of my earlier mates ended up at the the Secondary Modern. Older readers will know this term?
By 1965/6 other Blues had surfaced ..probably guided by me ...but not many.
By 1968/9 we were numerous. No longer shy to admit, or embarassed ..and certainly NOT glory hunters.
Wilmslow & Handforth became proper BLUE areas. All interlopers were 'sent on their way' ...& when the Wythy overspill estate grew ..even Bluer.

Read about Mark Bittner mentioned in a thread about songs. Mark & I were bus-conductors many moons ago. Us and Kenny Kirwin ...Happy Days !

Rambling a bit now ( STAY WITH ME ) ....I'm coming up 59, I've never met a decent scum ..xcept Jacky from Sale ...and like I (we) were few in those days, we are so many through being Original, i.e. Different, Independant, Intelligent, Handsome, Well-dressed, Quick-witted, Take a Drink, Handle drink unless provoked, have tasty wives/girlfriends who do/are all the above, and who's kids will hopefully never go through my torment at an early age.
Thanks to Bluemoon & Ric for this. Let's smack some scum on my Daughter's birthday.

Brandy ..anyone? x

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.