Under lockdown at work......

Went to the fabulous Trago Mills in Devon in the 80’s, and wandering round came across a full sized faux fur polar bear skin rug, really wanted it but way too expensive at the time - regret it now, as the best bit was it had “realistic” taxidermy head, mouth open and had a wooden tongue on a spring so you could twang it! Not seen anything like it since

In light of the rising frequency of human/grizzly bear confrontations, the Department of Fish and Game is advising hikers, hunters, and fishermen to take extra precautions and be alert for bears while in the field. …We advise that outdoorsmen wear small bells on their clothing so as not to startle bears that aren’t expecting them, and to carry pepper spray with them in case of an encounter.

It is also a good idea to watch out for fresh signs of bear activity. Outdoorsmen should recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear droppings. Black bear droppings are smaller and contain lots of berries and fur. Grizzly bear droppings have little bells in it and smell like pepper.

I always laugh when anybody I’m calling says. “ bare with me”
I usually cover the mic and whisper to the wife , “ she’s got a bear with her”
The other gag is “I wish I was love!”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.