Underwhelmed when they signed but turned out to be pretty good

Usually have great expectations for any player joining, except maybe Bony or Javi Garcia, but they didn't end up great either.

If we change the ‘pretty good’ to ‘fuckin outstanding’ , oddly, Sergio and Dave, I just seemed to watch them whenever they had quiet to reasonable performances, and whilst you could tell they were skilful, I just didn’t get the hype and think they’d get anywhere near the levels they eventually did.
In my defence with Dave though, it seemed Valencia were playing him as a winger a lot of the time rather than a midfielder.

Sterling. I thought he'd be a waste of money. He did much better than I thought he'd do but I'd sell him now if we can get anyone better. (Alvarez?)

Stones. I thought he'd be a waste of money. And for a long while he was but then he became awesome. Wouldn't sell him for bigger money now.

Walker. I thought he'd be a waste of money. And again he was terrible for a while. But for much longer he's been completely dependable and critical to how we play. I worry about how we replace him with anything even close to as good.

Rodri. I had hopes for him until he too looked a waste of money. But then he settled in and became a fantastic player for us.

The trend here is that I'm seldom right in the long run. . :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.