Underwhelmed when they signed but turned out to be pretty good

Vinny turned out to be a bit better than we all imagined ;-)

Bought a decent if uninspiring holding mid and ended up with the best central defender in world football :-)

Bernardo.

£40odd million. Watching his first few months of games for us, I'd've been pissing my pants with laughter had the rags/dippers spent THAT amount of money (5 years ago) for not that great return of performance.

BUT, as George Formby would've said, "turned out nice again"

Hutch and Gow yes but Bobby Mac had a few more years in him and they may have been at City had he not had a few more pints in him!
Gow was a lot younger than he looked, 28 when we signed him. Went on the play for Rotherham in the second division and then Burnley but retired at 32.
Hutch carried on until he was 43 and is arguably a bigger cult legend at Swansea than he was at City.
Bobby Mac was an integral part of Jim Smith’s Oxford team that rose from the third division to the top flight and won a league cup during our 35 year barren spell

How the fuck did I forget those three ffs, I remember not being impressed at all by any of them, but my old neighbour who sadly is no longer with us but a match going blue and season ticket holder for over 80 years said to me “he’s bought experience in every department, and that’s exactly what we need”.
RIP George , incredible astute and wise man.
George clearly knew his stuff

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.