United 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything they do is for enhancement of their brand, it seems strange to say but for the Glazers football comes second, as we can see from the past few seasons they're more than willing to let the football aspect of a football club slide by the wayside if it means a few more million in their pockets

Vert true – i'm convinced that's the one reason they bought Pogba – he had a big on-line following, and his signing for the Rags made it bigger – they got a massive amount of exposure on social media, meaning that all their "hardcore" fans in Malaysia, Vietnam etc. etc., got a gread daily fix of online positivity and bullshit to keep them ticking over... it's all about the "clicks" unfortunately!

PEG is destroying the rags minute by minute! why the fuck would you want to play for him??
I can't really see Ajax beating them, but if they did, then what a massive blow that would be for them.

I knew Arsenal and Spurs would beat them, and so did most of their fans. Why, because Mourinho had conditioned them to expect defeat. What terrible management.

I think it has got to the point where players will think twice about going there. Look at Pogba. The most expensive player in world football reduced to pumping long balls into Fellaini and Ibrahimovic. I am expecting them to win the Europa league. They have really struggled against some very poor opponents. Ajax can play, but they leave themselves wide open at times (I watched their tie against Lyon) and got knocked out of Champions League by FC Rostov which doesn't say much for them.

Ajax CEO and former rag bastard Van Der Saar meets Gill for some tips on moving up the greasy corrupt UEFA poll.

I wonder if allowing the rags to bore his club into submission in Sweden is the price for the help?

Lovely quote from Simon Stone on BBC

"Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has raised an eyebrow or two by abandoning the Premier League campaign in favour of the Europa League final.

Different eras of course, but maybe the approach is not so unusual.

When Sir Alex Ferguson's United reached the European Cup Winners' Cup final in 1991, they were still in with a realistic shot of finishing third, something they had only managed five times in the 24 years since their previous league title.

But Ferguson had his eye on Barcelona, United's opponents in Rotterdam.

None of the 11 that started the final began all three league games played between the semi and the Barca encounter. Only four started a 3-0 defeat to Crystal Palace in the match before.

United won one and lost two of those three games, then drew their final home match against Tottenham and eventually finished sixth.

Few remember that. But Rotterdam, when two goals from Mark Hughes gave Ferguson's team victory, remains one of the most famous nights in the club's history."

Really? One of the most famous nights in the club's history? Wonder how many rags remember? Talk about playing it up.

i was saying this to a rag friend the other day, along the lines of,
if you were a top player & had the choice of working under guardiola or peg, who would you choose?

he reckoned the rags will still be first choice because of the size of the club and the stupid wages they'll pay,
but i'd like to think a top player wouldn't pick them over us if both teams were in for him.
Don't think they'll get many top players by just paying bus fares as we all know the players play for the shirt not the money.

"Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has raised an eyebrow or two by abandoning the Premier League campaign in favour of the Europa League final.

When Sir Alex Ferguson's United reached the European Cup Winners' Cup final in 1991, they were still in with a realistic shot of finishing third, something they had only managed five times in the 24 years since their previous league title.

None of the 11 that started the final began all three league games played between the semi and the Barca encounter. Only four started a 3-0 defeat to Crystal Palace in the match before.

United won one and lost two of those three games, then drew their final home match against Tottenham and eventually finished sixth.

Few remember that. But Rotterdam, when two goals from Mark Hughes gave Ferguson's team victory, remains one of the most famous nights in the club's history."

Really? One of the most famous nights in the club's history? Wonder how many rags remember? Talk about playing it up.

Not many as it happened before football started in 1992.

When you look at all the favours they have had this season of refs, offside goals must be their 2nd top scorer, soft sending offs later rescinded for oppositions, the nailed on red cards they avoided most weeks, then compare to how screwed we have been most weeks, throw in they have the most expensive team/squad ever, a manager more experienced in the PL and they still could not finish higher than us :)

When you look at all the favours they have had this season of refs, offside goals must be their 2nd top scorer, soft sending offs later rescinded for oppositions, the nailed on red cards they avoided most weeks, then compare to how screwed we have been most weeks, throw in they have the most expensive team/squad ever, a manager more experienced in the PL and they still could not finish higher than us :)
That's what fucks off the work raggies I know.

They didn't finish above us.

Last edited by a moderator:

So he also had a shit team not good enough for the league?

This Stone has to be the worlds biggest sycophant and has zero journalistic integrity.

Stealing a living much like his hero Mourinho!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.